- Full-time, 12- month work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1-4, $16.88/ hr - $19.54/hr. Initial salary placement, Step 1
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
- Twelve semester units in social work, psychology, sociology or related field, with a passing grade of “C” or better.
- Ability to transport parents when needed.
- Ability to advocate for parents with federal, state, and private agencies to obtain services.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance.
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Vietnamese.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work with expectant parents to identify family and cultural support networks that may provide support and assistance.*
- Work with Disabilities Coordinator and Health Coordinator to assist pregnant women to access comprehensive prenatal and postpartum care, through referrals.*
- Provide family support services and referrals for a caseload of families including transportation, translation and parent advocacy.*
- Maintain and utilize referral list of local agencies for parents.*
- Distribute lists of resources to parents annually.*
- Maintain detailed data records on parents served, services provided, services received, and outcomes.*
- Develop and present monthly and annual reports including narrative and data section to the Early Head Start Director in a timely manner.*
- Provide education and job training resources for parents.*
- Report and discuss program needs with Family Service Coordinator as circumstances require.*
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.*
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of children as directed.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under the direction of the Early Head Start Director
* Denotes essential job functions
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash Out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Early Head Start
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs