- Full time, twelve month work year.
- Must be willing to work a 4 p.m. to 12 a.m shift regularly.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the Agency's contracts, or at Agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 3, $16.51 - $18.20/hr. Initial Salary Placement is Step 1.
- Two years of experience in custodial and floor care.
- Ability to use typical janitorial and floor care tools.
- Ability to lift weights of 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California Driver's License, use of a pickup or other truck for daily use on the job and automobile liability insurance.
- Available to normally work shift hours 4:00 pm to midnight.
- Driving record acceptable to agency's insurance carrier (when assigned an agency owned vehicle to drive during work hours).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Follow all safety requirements and company procedures at all times.*
- Performs preventative maintenance check on all equipment prior to use at beginning and end of the shift.*
- Handles detail cleaning of the front of the buildings, restrooms, all floor care, including routine mopping (dry and damp), buffing and burnishing on hard surface.*
- Provides floor maintenance; including but not limited to, vacuuming, shampooing, bonneting and extracting carpets, stairwells, and upholstery .*
- Provides other cleaning services such as, dusting, routine restroom, office, and classroom cleaning.*
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and other items as directed.*
- Possess considerable knowledge of the operation, uses and care of vacuum cleaners, scrubbing machines, polishing machines, and general house-keeping equipment.*
- Report and correct safety hazards.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain quality facilities.*
- Actively participate in in-service trainings.
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Ability to work as a team player.*
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and helping Maintenance with afterhours emergencies.*
- Assist Lead Maintenance Technician as needed.*
* Denotes essential job functions
- Works under direction of the Lead Maintenance Technician.
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash-out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs