- Full time, TEMPORARY -to-hire position.
- Hours may vary, including evenings or weekend hours or holidays as required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 3, $17.20/hr. - $18.97/hr. Initial salary placement, Step 1.
- Two years experience in the landscaping and ground maintenance field, (including the installation, maintenance and repair of sprinklers.
- Ability to easily lift weights of up to 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California Driver's License and automobile liability insurance.
- Driving record acceptable to agency’s insurance carrier (when assigned an agency owned vehicle to drive during work hours).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain lawns including, mowing, edging, trimming, and general lawn clean up.*
- Maintain, repair and install sprinklers.*
- Plant sod, plants, flowers and trees.*
- Maintain company gardening equipment.*
- Maintain facility grounds free of trash and debris.*
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and other items as directed.*
- Report and correct safety hazards.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain quality facilities.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Actively participate in in-service trainings.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Assist maintenance and painting staff as needed.*
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor as needed.*
- Other duties as assigned.*
- Works under direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash-out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs