- Part time, nine and three-quarter month approximate work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 4, $16.48/hr - $18.72/hr. Initial salary placement, Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
- Twelve semester units acceptable to licensing in Child Development with passing grade of “C” or better plus six months experience.
- Six months experience working with children.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- Child Development Associate Teacher Permit, or CDA credential, AA or BA degree in early childhood education. **
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Plan and implement preschool program based on the High Scope Curriculum.*
- Supervise and interact with children in a positive manner.*
- Develop and maintain learning centers which reflect the interest and needs of the children enrolled in the program.*
- Provide a wide variety of experiences for children with an emphasis on active learning.*
- Provide a well-supervised safe environment.*
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parents, and staff.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Encourage language development and respect for language diversity in classroom and community.*
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a quality preschool program.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Cooperate with the Teacher in planning, supervision, and implementation of overall program.*
- Plan or participate in planning and implementing parents meeting and activities.
- Provide a clean and sanitary facility (inside and out) on a daily basis according to Options center based checklist.*
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.
- Promote full enrollment and participate in recruitment of children as directed.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely, basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Assist the Teacher as needed.*
- Other duties as assigned.
- *Denotes essential job functions
- Works under direction of the Head Start Teacher.
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Head Start
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs