- Full-time, twelve month work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 4, $18.69/hr - $21.64/hr. Initial salary placement, Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
- Twelve semester units in social work, psychology, sociology or related field, with a passing grade of “C” or better.
- Ability to transport parents when needed.
- Ability to advocate for parents with federal, state and private agencies to obtain services.
- A California Drivers License, daily use of automobile and automobile liability insurance.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide family support services and referrals for a caseload of families including transportation, translation and parent advocacy.*
- Maintain and utilize referral list of local agencies for parents.*
- Distribute lists of resources to parents annually.*
- Maintain detailed data records on parents served, services provided, services received, and outcomes.*
- Develop and present monthly and annual reports including narrative and data sections, to the Family Service Administrator in a timely manner.*
- Report and discuss program needs with the Family Service Supervisor as circumstances require.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.
- Promote full enrollment; and participate in recruitment of children as directed.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Assist Family Services Supervisor where needed.*
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under direction of the Family Services Supervisor.
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Head Start
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs