- Full-time, 12- month work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1-4, $14.14/ hr - $16.39/hr. Initial salary placement, Step 1
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
- Child Development Associate Teacher Permit
- Six semester units related to Infant and Toddler development acceptable to licensing with a passing grade of “C” or better
- Eighteen months work experience in a licensed infant/toddler or preschool center
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR (yearly), Pediatric First Aid (yearly) and Preventive Health which is acceptable to Community Care Licensing (Health and Safety code 1596.866).
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile and automobile liability insurance
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Vietnamese.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Demonstrate an understanding of infant/toddler growth and development.*
- Frequently lift or carry children up to 45 pounds.*
- Plan and implement infant/toddler program based on the High/Scope Curriculum.*
- Prepare and implement individual daily plan for each child on daily child observations.*
- Supervise and interact with children in a positive manner.*
- Develop and maintain a learning environment which reflects the interests and needs of the children enrolled in the program.*
- Provide a variety of experiences for infants and toddlers with an emphasis on active learning.*
- Provide a well-supervised, safe and nurturing environment.*
- Read and implement all agency/division and program policies and procedures.*
- Participate in monthly site staff meetings.*
- Plan or participate in planning and implementing parent meeting, conferences, home visits, and activities, including Family Nights.*
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parents, volunteers and staff.*
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a quality infant/toddler program.*
- Encourage language development and respect for langue diversity in the classroom and community.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Provide a clean and sanitary facility (inside and out) on a daily basis according to Options center based cleaning.*
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.*
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of children as directed.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Assist in the transitioning of children into Head Start and other child care programs.*
- Assist Site Director as needed.*
- Other duties as assigned.
* Denotes essential job functions
- Works under the direction of the Site Director
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash Out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Early Head Start
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs