Colossal Cave Mountain Park is seeking a Cave Tour Guide who desires a unique position working in the stunning Sonoran desert landscape surrounded by the spectacular Rincon mountains.
Colossal Cave is located in Vail, Arizona, and attracts visitors from around the world who delight in the incredible natural features found only in a cavern experience; stalactites, stalagmites and other extraordinary formations.
Summary of Position:**
Assist with all Cave Tours, leading or co-leading as necessary, with a focus on ensuring the complete safety of our employees, guests and the cave itself.
- Adhere to the scheduling of the cave operations staff, special cave events, school and group tours and participate as requested
- Actively participate in the on-going cave maintenance activities including trash cleanup, changing of light bulbs, and utilizing the monthly checklist to ensure a clean and safe cave environment. Activities also include cleaning paths, walkways, displays, etc.
- Extreme attention and adherence to cave safety procedures to protect cave staff, guests and the cave at all times
- Be mindful of all cave equipment to ensure safety and effectiveness, including working flashlights, helmets in good condition, gloves (where and when needed) and immediate notification of needed repairs to the Cave Operations Lead
- Assist with the coordination of reservations for group tours with schools, churches, community groups, etc. to promote the cave and the company when requested
- Stay current with industry trends regarding protective cave gear and keep Cave Tour Lead informed
- Participate in the training schedule for tour guides and adhere to the detailed and appropriate scripts for each type of tour focusing on history, ecosystem and safety.
- Utilize the cave tour scripts to ensure accuracy and consistency of message
- Participate in staff training and guide enrichment as necessary
- Respect cave operation guidelines and rules and be accountable in following them
- Promptly inform the Cave Tour Lead or general maintenance of any structural or electrical issues within the cave requiring attention
- Keep Cave Tour Lead apprised of all cave concerns and brainstorm solutions
- Must be self motivated with the ability to perform with the highest professional and ethical standards
- Must respond well to a changing work environment and able to perform at the highest level with minimal direction
- Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must be very agile and able to conduct/participate in extended and advanced cave tours. This position involves frequent bending, twisting, lifting, squatting and crawling.
Knowledge and Experience**:
Education: High school diploma (or equivalent)
Experience: Prefer prior caving experience and/or customer service experience
Colossal Cave Mountain Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
This is a non-management position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs