White Pines Lodge located in Mt. Morris, Illinois is a destination rich in tradition, delicious food and friendly faces. We operate a historic log lodge restaurant, dinner theatre, gift shop and rent cozy cabins nestled in the beautiful White Pines Forest State Park.
We're looking for an energetic Front of House Manager with a positive attitude to join our team! The Restaurant is open seasonally from March - December.
Our work environment includes:
- Lively and family oriented atmosphere
- Casual work attire
- Growth opportunities
Summary of Position:
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring all front of house restaurant staff is trained in proper service techniques and sanitation guidelines. Also responsible for coaching and mentoring all direct reports to ensure effective employee development.
- Ensures that the guest service expectations are being met or exceeded
- Ensures Restaurant service staff is working as a cohesive unit to provide the highest level of quality and service
- Responsible for direct leadership, coaching and mentoring of the Restaurant service staff including Leads, bartenders, servers, food runners, and bussers
- Covers the Lead's day off by spending dedicated time and effort ensuring operations continue to meet expectations
- Assists the General Manager in the recruiting, interviewing and hiring of the restaurant service team
- Responsible for managing labor costs
- Maintain professional image, including sanitation and cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards
- ServeSafe certification required
- Minimum 5 (five) years in food service management preferred
- Be self-motivated with the ability to perform with the highest professional and ethical standards
- Respond well to a changing work environment and able to perform at the highest level with minimal supervision
- Possess strong leadership and managerial skills that include the ability to coach, develop and clearly communicate expectations
- Must have excellent analytical and problem resolution skills with the ability to proactively recommend solutions
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office and familiarity with POS systems
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Majority of shift will be spent on feet in a fast-paced environment, in close proximity to other people and will
- Position involves frequent bending, twisting, squatting and lifting up to 25 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally
White Pines Lodge is an equal opportunity employer!
Visit WhitePinesInn.com for more info on the property!
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs