Paint metal parts by using nozzle-type electrostatic painting equipment or conventional wet spray gun.
- Prepare painting equipment by moving switches and dials to start flow current and to activate conveyor and paint spraying equip. Selects color and type and changes barrels.
- Prepares parts by washing, blowing off parts and removing rust and weld berries.
- Spray paints parts by hand using side - to side or up and down motions.
- Maintains & troubleshoots painting equipment by disassembling and assembling equipment, cleaning components and replacing defective parts and checking final operation.
- Operates and troubleshoots paint-mixing system and records data in log book.
- Prepares parts for final inspection & used overhead crane and forklift to move parts.
- Cleans paint from ceiling and walls of booth, conveyer hooks and from spray heads and hoses. Performs regular safety checks on personal protective equipment and painting equipment.
- Performs regular safety checks on personal protective equipment and painting equipment, i.e., grounding. Wears safety PPE as required. Notifies Lead man immediately of any problem areas.
- Assists Paint line Hangers and Packer as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
HS diploma or general education degree (GED). One year of related experience in an Industrial or Autobody environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; use both feet to operate forklift pedals; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to keep up with pace of paint conveyor system. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Must pass spirometry and receive medical approval to wear PPAR respirator for full shift” to the Physical Demands.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position