Manages a team of Maintenance Technicians, responsible for maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines, and equipment.
- Manages a Maintenance Team of 3 or more Maintenance Technicians.
- Creates and implements a proactive, preventative maintenance plan and holds maintenance staff to account for adhering to the plan.
- Identifies continuous improvement avenues regarding equipment and facilities for the Operations Manager to review.
- Finds the most cost effective solution to repairing equipment with the remaining life and depreciation cycle in mind.
- Helps develop capital expenditure plan by accurately recording downtime and maintenance costs for the executive management team.
- Troubleshoots machinery and equipment, diagnoses problems, and creates solutions.
- Repairs defective machines and equipment by dismantling and installing new or repaired parts and manages the maintenance team that is tasked with this responsibility.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment and manages the maintenance team that is tasked with this responsibility.
- Installs or repairs automated machinery and equipment and manages the maintenance team that is tasked with this responsibility.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Trains Maintenance Technicians and production employees on proper maintenance procedures, including but not limited to, lockout-tagout and preventative maintenance.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts as needed.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of facilities as needed.
- Initiates purchase requests for parts and machines.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Evaluates performance of direct reports in timely 90 Day and annual reviews. Establishes and tracks measurable goals for staff.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or 7-10 years of hands-on electronic and mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Associate's Degree in Maintenance Management preferred.
The ability to read and interpret blue prints and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Occasionally be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Location: 3011 Congressional Pkwy, Fort Wayne, IN 46808, USA
Job Type: Full-time
This is a management position
This is a full time position