Sets up assembly area by getting materials and tools using forktruck or overhead crane. Positions parts according to knowledge of assembly or from blueprint.
- Assembles large metal assemblies. Uses hand tools to fasten parts together using bolts, screws, rivets, and other fasteners. Fastens on such parts as rubber grommets, doors, tanks, skirts, and tread. Taps out holes. Grinds parts using hand-held grinder to produce close fit between parts. Assembles smaller assemblies to fit into large assemblies.
- Visually and physically inspects completed assemblies to ensure quality and security of parts assembled. Completes inspection form. Uses forktruck to transport completed assembly to final inspection.
- Maintains assembly inventory by using Vantage computer system to track parts. Notifies appropriate personnel for inventory adjustments or parts needed.
- Cleans and organizes assembly area by putting parts back into stock, removing trash and scrap, refiling prints, etc.
- Packs assembled parts by wrapping, boxing, and/or banding as required.
- Assists Industrial Painter, as needed, in preparing parts to be painted by operating sander, grinder and phosphate machine. Moves parts in and out of paint booth using forktruck.
- Sets up assembly area by getting materials and tools using forktruck or overhead crane. Positions parts according to knowledge of assembly or from blueprint.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Ottenweller Company Inc.