Assists Laser Operator in general operation and set-up of laser cutting machines
- Assists in setting up machines by retrieving and/or loading material onto machine worktable using forktruck and/or overhead crane.
- Unloads processed parts and part skeleton off worktable after processing. Lifts off finished parts and places parts into baskets.
- Moves material and parts to next operation as designated on router.
- Monitors machine visually and audibly to ensure equipment is operating properly. With assistance, activates controls to cut workpiece.
- Assists in inspecting first-piece and in-process parts by checking dimensions of part per blueprint using calipers and tape measure. Inspects parts according to C=0 chart. Completes inspection form if required.
- Assists in operating punch press machines as needed.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Three to six months CNC machine operation experience in manufacturing environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made t o enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position