Sets up and operates jobs on press brake to straighten or bend metal parts to specified dimensions.
- Sets up pressbrake by examining part blank per blueprint, selecting and positioning dies and programming CNC. Runs first-piece to validate set-up and adjusts die or positions shims as required.
- Runs job by lifting manually or by overhead crane and positioning workpiece into bed of machine. Starts ram which presses workpiece into required form.
- Monitors forming operation adjusting machine according to material variances.
- Performs first piece and in-process inspection by checking dimensions of part per blueprint using calipers, height gage, and square
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and general repairs on pressbrakes as required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). The ability to read and interpret complicated blueprints. One to three years of related experience. Must be able to lift 50# repetitively. Some CNC or strong computer skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position