Do you enjoy working alone, being organized, working with numbers and supporting a team behind the scenes? Consider applying for our Night Audit position to experience this magical place within our historical Reception building that was built in 1877.
As a member of Sea Shadows Inn Management LLC, the Night Audit for Heritage House Resort & Spa will work directly with the team, and guests, to ensure a world class guest experience by providing courteous, accurate, consistent, and efficient services.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform daily checks and balances for all guest reservations
- Post all necessary hotel, restaurant, spa and retails charges to guest
- Run nightly audit on the property management system
- Address any discrepancies found
- Make sure there is daily back up for all daily revenue transactions
- Tend to all guest needs
- Answer phone promptly
- Book room reservations if necessary
- Be the main point of contact as the only personnel active throughout the night
- Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities/services, rates, room accommodations, and all hotel and departmental policies and procedures
- Email pertinent report to all necessary parties
- Assist with late check-ins and early check-outs as needed
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
- Accounting skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Ability to draw and interpret graphs
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English; secondary languages preferred for communication with ESL guests and staff alike
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, reports and receipts
- Ability to write routine correspondences
- Ability to speak comfortably and effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and push, and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. For example: Luggage, Firewood, Boxes, etc.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- The nature of the position requires working during late PM and early AM hours.
ABOUT US: Situated on 37 oceanfront acres draped in cypress, eucalyptus, and lavender, Heritage House Resort & Spa is truly paradise on the Pacific. Our award-winning resort is more than a place to work. It is an opportunity to connect with people and nature. As an employee, you'll enjoy working with a team of hospitality professionals who are dedicated to welcoming and sharing this special place with our guests.
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Heritage House Resort and Spa