Do you enjoy working outside, fixing and figuring out mechanical pieces of equipment, and respecting the history and restoration of pieces? Do you enjoy animals and connecting with people? Are you interested in working within the beautiful coastal environment Heritage House Resort & Spa offers? Consider applying for our Engineer position to experience this magical place.
As a member of Sea Shadows Inn Management LLC, the Engineer for Heritage House Resort & Spa will provide preventative maintenance duties, water resource support, urgent facilities requests, and restoration, to ensure a world class guest experience while maintaining and improving upon this unique property.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Standards & Operations
- Develop and maintain positive partnerships with internal staff members (within all departments) and external service providers.
- Maintain facilities workshops, tools and storage areas in a safe and organized manner
- Stock and maintain all tools and equipment
- Train and accurately perform all functions of future maintenance team members
- Help maintain relevant operational inventories (lightbulbs, switches, spare appliances, etc.) are maintained to necessary par levels and accessible to all staff.
- Diagnose and address mechanical problems and building systems
- Routinely check outdoor areas for safety and appearance
- Execute projects and job tasks as directed
- Perform safety and county inspections. Shut down all rooms not in use and secure unoccupied buildings
- Communicate and provide feedback to department leader as it relates to facilities and landscaping management around property
- Record maintenance requests and track completion of assigned tasks
- Report any guest comments concerning the property and services
- Customer Service
- Provide exceptional, timely and professional service as required. It is important to note that our services extend to all department needs on property
- Acknowledge and welcome guests and employee in a courteous and professional manner
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a High School diploma
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no major offenses (insurance purposes)
- Must have relevant maintenance, facilities and grounds management experience
- Skilled use of hand tools and power tools
- Tractor and cart use experience
- Previous experience using softwares for maintenance and tracking
- Ability to use repetitive hand and body motions
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, squat and walk for extended periods of time on varying levels and terrains
- Ability to lift, push and pull forces up to 50 lbs., with assistance more, from ground to overhead and carry for up to 300 or more feet
- Ability to move ladder and climb a ladder up to 50 feet
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working within a variety of environments, including but not limited to outside, well and poor lit indoor settings. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
ABOUT US: Situated on 37 oceanfront acres draped in cypress, eucalyptus, and lavender, Heritage House Resort & Spa is truly paradise on the Pacific. Our award-winning resort is more than a place to work. It is an opportunity to connect with people and nature. As an employee, you'll enjoy working with a team of hospitality professionals who are dedicated to welcoming and sharing this special place with our guests.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Heritage House Resort and Spa