The Partnership for Los Angeles Schools is seeking a Parent College Outreach Team Lead for our upcoming 2021-2022 program cycle. The Parent College Team Lead is primarily responsible for supporting program logistics, supporting Outreach Team systems and functions, and providing quality customer service to our program participants. The Outreach Team Lead will also contribute to the success of our University Day programming.
The Partnership is committed to continuously building an anti-racist culture that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in classrooms and in our home office. The Parent College Outreach team Lead will be someone who is excited to keep these values in mind when executing day-to-day tasks and responsibilities.
ABOUT PARENT COLLEGE
Parent College is a parent empowerment program that teaches parents their rights, roles, and responsibilities in their child’s road to higher education. We provide our families with information through academic workshops that are designed to help parents learn how to better support their child’s education.
- Support with creation of Outreach Team tools and resources.
- Support with social media outreach and creation of posts and content.
- On a limited basis, provide high quality customer service to program participants through phone banking.
- Attend weekly Outreach Team meetings.
- Attend 2 Outreach Team professional development events.
- Participate in the planning of Parent College, University Day programming, and our annual Parent College Graduation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Family Engagement Programs.
• Basic computer knowledge and skills (i.e. Zoom, Google suites, etc.)
• Experience in providing quality customer service • Passion for building relationships with families from diverse communities, such as Watts, Boyle Heights, and South LA • Experience with phone banking or community outreach a plus
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus
• Attention to detail
• Ability to perform tasks with limited supervision
Department: Family & Community Engagement
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position