At American Patrols, patrolling pipeline and production assets is at the heart of what we do. Our Production Patrol and Pipeline Patrol services help customers protect the environment, preserve revenue, minimize cleanup costs, and implement cost-efficient operating models in the field.
We are growing rapidly, and are seeking to add a motivated, detail-oriented, flexible Aircraft Maintenance Administrative Assistant to the Team to enable us to maintain our fleet of over 20 aircraft. We operate in a fast-paced environment where trust is key, and high-performance is expected and rewarded.
The Aircraft Maintenance Administrative Assistant performs key administrative and clerical duties in support of in-house aviation maintenance managers and mechanics. This is a vital role, imbedded within the Maintenance Team, that tackles routine tasks (documentation checks, inventory replenishment, filing, scheduling) and one-off projects to ensure that the Team has everything they need to operate at the highest levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process, screen, and maintain aircraft maintenance forms and records. Performs quality assurance checks to ensure documents are completed and filed correctly.
- Initiate and/or distribute applicable maintenance forms in accordance with established procedures.
- Track productivity to enable maintenance capacity and forecasting.
- Track discrepancy reports, and communicate with Pilots to provide updates thereto.
- Prepare typed and/or computer-generated correspondence and reports.
- Compile monthly and ad-hoc inventory records.
- Source, order, receive, and shelve replacement parts and supplies.
- Ensure inoperative parts are promptly shipped to overhaul service providers as appropriate.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Manager and/or Operations Manager to:
- Ensure accurate aircraft statuses are updated in Company systems in real time.
- Forecast and schedule planned maintenance.
- Update the aircraft operations schedule.
- Prepare Mechanic work schedules based on established guidelines and priorities.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned.
- High School degree or equivalent required; Associates degree preferred.
- Two years’ experience in high-volume clerical and scheduling role(s)
- Experience in a documentation-intensive work environment required; working knowledge of aircraft maintenance records preferred
- Proficient with web-based and mobile scheduling and communications applications
- Five-day work week. Expected hours 10 am to 7 pm
Work Location: Office spaces, aircraft maintenance shops, hangars and flight line.
Benefits include healthcare, five days of sick pay, 20 paid vacation days per year. Dress for work is casual (i.e. jeans).
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position