American Patrols is looking to hire an Aircraft Mechanic (A&P) to assist in maintaining our growing (and busy) fleet of Cessna 172s. You will be given tasks to complete each day that will center around the repair and maintenance of our fleet of over 46 Cessna aircraft.
You will perform inspections, identify and diagnose discrepancies, and make repairs. Maintenance is performed in-house so you will be in your own bed every night! To be successful in this position, you will need to be dedicated to teamwork and hard work. You will need to be coachable, focused on improving your skill set, and very capable of learning on the job.
If you think you have what it takes, and are ready to take the step towards a promising career with American Patrols, then submit your resume to begin the process today! We look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- 20 days of PTO
- Exemplify the company’s core values to teammates and subordinates through both your words and actions. Enable API to fulfill its Mission to be our Customers’ most trusted leak detection service.
- Perform mechanic repairs
- Perform routine maintenance tasks like oil changes, etc.
- Ensure appropriate maintenance documentation, including the organization of log books and records, in accordance with API policies and FAA requirements.
- Ensuring a safe, clean, and organized work environment.
- General facility maintenance for API and Skywest Airport.
- Maintaining aircraft and equipment appearance by cleaning, washing, and vacuuming.
- Keeping supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders as authorized, and verifying receipt.
- Receiving, refueling, parking, and “bedding down” aircraft.
- Experience: 2 or more years working on Cessna 172s or other GA aircraft
- Licensure: A&P strongly preferred. Higher pay available for IAs.
- Will consider A or P certificate holders
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong people skills
- Must be able to lift and carry 70-lbs from floor to waist level or higher on a continuous basis if required; able to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, standing, sitting, squatting, kneeling, crawling, and twisting for extended amounts of time. Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position; ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as ear protection, safety glasses, gloves, high visibility clothing when required. This is an airport environment with duties both indoor and outdoor. Must be able to withstand extreme outdoor weather conditions and extreme temperature ranges will be encountered.
- Familiarity with mechanical tasks and techniques
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends
- Must be willing to relocate to Midland, TX
- 1 year commitment is required
Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $55,000 - $95,000
- Quarterly Bonus
- 8 hour shift
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position