WHO WE ARE
Penn Color is the most diverse manufacturer of color concentrates in the United States and a global leader within our industry. We have a rare and unique 50-plus year history of growth, stability and success that stems from our leadership, our exceptional workforce and our attention to our customers. We remain family owned to this day, we maintain a culture based on traditional values and we continue to project a very promising, long-term outlook. If you are looking to join a cohesive team and contribute your expertise in a meaningful manner, we should be your employer of choice!
Who We Need
As Penn Color is driving an ambitious growth agenda, we recognize the need to bring Operations to the next level of performance and for Operations to play an even greater role in strengthening our competitive edge. This new Operations Excellence team member will play a valuable role in achieving the company’s defined vision.
In this role you will be responsible for participating in, and leading as required, cross-functional teams to address annual key initiatives. You will apply appropriate Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma disciplines to meet defined business objectives (Customer Satisfaction, Cost & Quality). Additionally, you will develop and improve Value Streams by studying product, manufacturing methods and operational flow.
Your Education will include:
- Bachelor’s Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial) required
Your Knowledge, Skills and Experience will include:
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience preferred with demonstrated results leading Lean Manufacturing Transformation Kaizen Events
- Comfortable with a customer-centric entrepreneurial culture, with a dynamic, highly variable business serving a large diversity of end-markets
- Strong Business acumen along with strong analytical and technical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and robust interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated track record in building and delivering plans, effectively driving and achieving results for production quality, cost control and reduction, improvement of manufacturing efficiency, elimination of waste and process design
- Hands-on mind set
- Six Sigma Green certification not required, but preferred
What YOU Can Do For Us
- Lead the training and transformation of assigned Value Stream into a Lean Enterprise
- Analyze the manufacturing methods, production processes and customer requirements to ensure optimal performance of assigned Value Stream
- Improves operational efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and resource layout
- Devise new solutions to existing manufacturing problems
- Evaluate existing processes and workflows by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends to quantify and define improvement opportunities/impact
- Lead/Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-functional meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion
- Provides continuous improvement expertise by answering questions and requests
- Create/Maintain processes and procedures to help the company support Quality Management System and meet business objectives
- Plan, execute, report and manage assigned projects to meet defined goals and timing
- Researches, benchmarks, shares, introduces and implements best practices throughout organization
- Other duties as assigned
What WE Can Do For You
We offer many tangible and intangible benefits. Tangible benefits include competitive compensation, excellent medical benefits and a 401K with strong company match. Intangible benefits include a company with rock solid stability, a culture where employees are valued and decisions are made for the long-term (and not by the fluctuation of a stock price!).
Go ahead and submit your resume!
Penn Color, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or any other protected categories. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given an equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs