WHO WE ARE
Penn Color is the most diverse manufacturer of color concentrates in the United States and a global leader within our industry. We have a rare and unique 50-plus year history of growth, stability and success that stems from our leadership, our exceptional workforce and our attention to our customers. We remain family owned to this day, we maintain a culture based on traditional values and we continue to project a very promising, long-term outlook. If you are looking to join a cohesive team and contribute your expertise in a meaningful manner, we should be your employer of choice!
Who We Need
We have an exciting career opportunity for a skilled and experienced Analytical Chemist. You will perform hands-on sample analysis, methods development and troubleshooting for both new and existing product platforms in support of internal and external customers including Research & Development, Manufacturing, Quality Control and Sales & Marketing.
Your Education will include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Science, Biochemistry or equivalent degree (Master’s degree preferred)
Your Knowledge, Skills and Experience will include:
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant analytical experience
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative characterization
- Familiarity with standard laboratory techniques, including structural characterization and related analytical techniques with a strong emphasis on sample preparation and data analysis, analytical instrument operation and maintenance
- Working knowledge of PC applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in a cross-functional team environment
- Must have experience in GC-MS and FTIR
- Experience in any of the following desirable/helpful: DSC, TGA, Rheology, HPLC, ICP, UV-Vis & IR
- LIMS and Accreditation experience a plus
- Self-motivated with high level of technical curiosity and demonstrated ability to solve analytical problems
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Good Interpersonal skills for external and internal communication
What YOU Can Do For Us
- Perform analysis of small molecules, polymers and colorants utilizing spectroscopic, chromatographic, thermal and rheological instrumentation
- Effectively manage multiple projects, ensuring clear alignment of goals and deliverables with business needs
- Effectively work in a cross-functional team environment
- Move projects to completion in a time-critical setting
- Cross train in analytical areas as required
- Clearly communicate (including presentation and generation of reports) laboratory activities to customers and business leaders
- Collaborate with colleagues at other sites
- Other duties as assigned
What WE Can Do For You
We offer many tangible and intangible benefits. Tangible benefits include competitive compensation, excellent medical benefits and a 401K with company match. Intangible benefits include a company with rock solid stability, a culture where employees are valued and decisions are made for the long-term (and not by the fluctuation of a stock price!).
Go ahead and submit your resume!
Penn Color, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or any other protected categories. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given an equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs