WHO WE ARE
Penn Color is the most diverse manufacturer of color concentrates in the United States and a global leader within our industry. We have a rare and unique 50-plus year history of growth, stability and success that stems from our leadership, our exceptional workforce and our attention to our customers. We remain family owned to this day, we maintain a culture based on traditional values and we continue to project a very promising, long-term outlook. If you are looking to join a cohesive team and contribute your expertise in a meaningful manner, we should be your employer of choice!
Who We Need
Our continued growth has created an exciting role for a Color Development Technologist / Color Matcher in our R&D group, specifically in Plastics. Working in our new, state of the art, Plastics & Technology Laboratories, you will be responsible for color matching in a host of polymer systems. Your areas of expertise will include: raw material knowledge (pigment system suitability, polymer processing requirements and performance enhancing additives); proficiency of the equipment required for sample preparation (injection molders, extruders, pelletizers, two roll mills, chippers, pulverizers, etc.); and proficiency of testing equipment for sample evaluation (visible spectrophotometer, melt flow indicator, blow molder, extruder, tube line, etc).
Your Education will include:
- High School Diploma (Associate’s Degree a plus)
Your Knowledge, Skills and Experience will include:
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- Basic understanding of the specific polymers and pigments needed to formulate matches for polymer systems
- Capable of performing duties with minimal supervisory assistance
- Mechanical and mathematical aptitude
- Experience with polymer processing equipment (injection molder, extruder, two roll mill, etc.)
- Experience with testing equipment (visible spectrophotometer, melt flow indicator, etc.)
- Customer service oriented
What YOU Can Do For Us
- Independently perform color matching and all necessary sample preparation
- Operate Injection molding equipment, two roll mills and extruders
- Utilize the color correction program on the spectrophotometer to meet color tolerances specified for each project
- Utilize all of the application related test machinery in the laboratory and prepare the proper test exhibit for the application of the product being manufactured
- Recipe entry in Oracle including formula, Designer and QC specifications
- Prepare sample documentation for shipping, including labels, cover letter, regulatory and invoices
- Perform mathematical calculations
- Other duties as assigned
What WE Can Do For You
We offer many tangible and intangible benefits. Tangible benefits include competitive compensation, excellent medical benefits and a 401K with company match. Intangible benefits include a company with rock solid stability, a culture where employees are valued and decisions are made for the long-term (and not by the fluctuation of a stock price!).
Go ahead and submit your resume!
Penn Color, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or any other protected categories. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given an equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs