WHO WE ARE
Penn Color is the most diverse manufacturer of color concentrates in the United States and a global leader within our industry. We have a rare and unique 50-plus year history of growth, stability and success that stems from our leadership, our exceptional workforce and our attention to our customers. We remain family owned to this day, we maintain a culture based on traditional values and we continue to project a very promising, long-term outlook. If you are looking to join a cohesive team and contribute your expertise in a meaningful manner, we should be your employer of choice!
Now hiring for our new, state of the art, Plastics and Technology Research & Development Center!
Penn Color is constantly growing and we are looking for our next great hire to join our R&D team in our plastics laboratory that specializes in the coloration and physical properties of plastics. We offer a friendly environment that invests in your future and values your contributions.
Who We Need
As a Technical Service Specialist, you will possess working knowledge of polymers, additives, pigments and processing equipment such as extrusion, injection molding and Blow Molding machines. The large majority of this role will be providing technical service for our customers during trials with the remaining time being spent working on short-term development, process and product improvements and interacting with Production and Quality Control. Safe working practice is required for this position.
Your Education will include:
- Associated degree or certification in plastics related discipline
- BS degree in a related science field (i.e., Polymers) is preferred
Your Knowledge, Skills and Experience will include:
- 3+ years’ experience working with plastic materials (Acrylic, ASA, Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Polycarbonates, SAN, Nylon, PVC)
- Hands on Experience running and troubleshooting extrusion, injection molding and blow molding equipment
- Knowledge of pigments/colorants preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well and work closely with customers in fulfilling their needs
- Self-starter, comfortable working independently or in a group
- Attention to safety
- Solid interpersonal skills for external and internal communication
- Functional experience with MS Office applications
What YOU Can Do For Us
- Direct communication with customers and sales
- Assist customers with processing issues related to our products, both in person and over the phone
- Work directly with R&D staff from our customers to develop new and innovative products
- Evaluate products via a variety of techniques, including but not limited to Melt Flow, Rheology, Extrusion, Injection Molding, Blow Molding and Spectrophotometers
- Prepare small batch samples for direct customer sampling
- Scale up products from laboratory to production
- Work in teams to brainstorm solutions to both short term and long term opportunities
- Conduct analyses on existing product lines (i.e., perform analyses to resolve customer issues)
- 20-40% travel may be required initially (customer visits and conferences)
- Work in a safe environment and within ISO 9001 guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
What WE Can Do For You
We offer many tangible and intangible benefits. Tangible benefits include competitive compensation, excellent medical benefits and a 401K with company match. Intangible benefits include a company with rock solid stability, a culture where employees are valued and decisions are made for the long-term (and not by the fluctuation of a stock price!).
Go ahead and submit your resume!
Penn Color, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or any other protected categories. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given an equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs