WHO WE ARE
Penn Color is the most diverse manufacturer of color concentrates in the United States and a global leader within our industry. We have a rare and unique 50-plus year history of growth, stability and success that stems from our leadership, our exceptional workforce and our attention to our customers. We remain family owned to this day, we maintain a culture based on traditional values and we continue to project a very promising, long-term outlook. If you are looking to join a cohesive team and contribute your expertise in a meaningful manner, we should be your employer of choice!
Who We Need
Our continued growth has created a new role for a Buyer in our Procurement department. This is an excellent opportunity in which you will be responsible for select assigned operations focused on the procurement of materials, services and supplies needed for the manufacturing operations of Penn Color. You will also assist in maintaining many of the records, databases and processes within the department and interact professionally with all levels of the organization.
Your Education will include:
- Degree in business, supply chain management, related field or the equivalent in education and work experience
Your Knowledge, Skills and Experience will include:
- 5 years related work experience, preferably in a manufacturing or similar environment
- Experience with negotiation and project management
- Knowledge of cost analysis techniques
- Ability to prepare formal procurement solicitations in compliance with Company business policies and any state procurement code
- Hands on experience using Material Requirements Planning applications in a contemporary ERP system (Oracle experience a plus)
- Ability to resolve complaints and concerns
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions
- Ability to assess contract compliance and product/service quality
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Demonstrated ability to manage and impart confidential information
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and able to prioritize multiple projects
- Report writing know-how is a plus
What YOU Can Do For Us
- Conduct research on suppliers and prepare all aspects of procurement solicitations, including review and negotiation of contracts and their terms, conditions, scope of work, customer compliance, delivery, quantity, payment, change orders, etc.
- Onboard suppliers and ensure their compliance and ability to perform without error
- Act as liaison between vendors and department heads for procurement procedures, order status and problem resolution
- Recommend continuous improvement in cost reduction, quality and delivery
- Resolve bid disputes and conformance issues
- Verify invoices against original orders
- Maintain vendor information (contacts, approved supplier list, performance review process, etc.)
- Maintain and manage product codes in ERP system
- Administer ISO compliance for the department
- Enter purchase orders and requisitions
- Manage vendor audits, COA compliance and SCAR resolutions (Certificates of Analysis; Supplier Corrective Action Requests)
- Work closely with customer service, R&D, QC, accounting, production teams, etc.
- Maintain supplier information within supplier database and create/maintain supplier master data in ERP system as needed
- Employ inventory management techniques to balance inventory optimization with replenishment needs
- Work with other members of the supply chain team to identify obsolete materials and coordinate disposition
- Communicate, coordinate and lead product changes effectively
- Assist other Buyers with the execution of daily work efforts and provide back-up as appropriate
- Maintain and order MRO, safety, cleaning and office supplies for the company as a whole as assigned
- Perform all other duties as assigned
What WE Can Do For You
We offer many tangible and intangible benefits. Tangible benefits include competitive compensation and excellent benefits! Intangible benefits are deep at Penn Color…the ability for you to “own” your role, work alongside a passionate and dedicated workforce, maintain peace of mind working for a company with rock solid stability, a culture where employees are valued and decisions are made for the long-term (and not by the fluctuation of a stock price!)…the list goes on!
Go ahead and submit your CV!
Penn Color, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or any other protected categories. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given an equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs