WHO WE ARE
Penn Color is the most diverse manufacturer of color concentrates in the United States and a global leader within our industry. We have a rare and unique 50-plus year history of growth, stability and success that stems from our leadership, our exceptional workforce and our attention to our customers. We remain family owned to this day, we maintain a culture based on traditional values and we continue to project a very promising, long-term outlook. If you are looking to join a cohesive team and contribute your expertise in a meaningful manner, we should be your employer of choice!
The physical location for this position will ideally be the Northeast Seaboard
Who We Need
This is a newly created, exciting role for you to join Penn Color and meaningfully contribute to the growth of our US business in Thermoplastics Packaging. Reporting to the head of Global Packaging, you will execute a new go-to-market strategy to increase sales revenue in the Packaging Industry via pull-through selling at Brand Owners. Networking, defining & selling the Penn Color value proposition at different levels of the Brand Owner organizations will be essential in the day-to-day responsibilities.
Creating net promoters of Penn Color in the Brand Owner supply chain and stewardship of end-to-end customer projects will also be essential responsibilities of this role. In addition, you will identify threats & opportunities, as well as provide analysis & strategic recommendations to help meet the mid & long-term objectives of profitable growth.
You will need to bring highly effective inter-relationship abilities, both across the Penn Color organization and with customers & partners of the industry. Success will reside in the ability to build & maintain a robust pipeline of Brand-Owner driven opportunities, and convert the pipeline into incremental profitable business for Penn Color.
Many more details will be covered during the interview process.
Your Education will include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a Business related discipline
Your Knowledge, Skills and Experience will include:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, 10+ years of experience is preferred, in the Thermoplastic Packaging Industry with responsibilities for a meaningful business with both Brand Owners and Converters.
- Thorough understanding of the industry and the end markets for Thermoplastic Packaging (Home & Personal Care, Liquid Dairy Products & Nutraceutical, Food & Beverage).
- Well established personal network with key stake holders, influencers and decision makers at both Brand Owners and Converters.
- Proven track record in developing a network, building strong relationships with customers, partners and other stakeholders in the Thermoplastics Packaging industry.
- Experience in the end-to-end process of business development - from gathering comprehensive intelligence, to building robust strategies and plans, to driving disciplined execution of plans and stewarding excellence in delivery to customers.
- Proven ability to create and deliver a compelling message, and to adapt the message to audiences from the workshop to the executive level.
- International business experience is preferred.
What WE Can Do For You
We offer many tangible and intangible benefits. Tangible benefits obviously include competitive compensation, excellent medical benefits and a 401K with company match. Intangible benefits include a company with rock solid stability, a culture where employees are valued and decisions are made for the long-term (and not by the fluctuation of a stock price!).
We have the right people and we are doing things right, in the most ethically, socially and environmentally responsible way. We listen to our employees, we care about them and we invest to provide them with a safe, positive and enjoyable work environment. We help our employees build their future in a healthy and stable company under a multi-generation family ownership, where career opportunities are created by successes as a team, by our business growth and by the diversity of our disciplines and markets.
Go ahead and submit your resume!
Penn Color, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or any other protected categories. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given an equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs