WHO WE ARE
Penn Color is the most diverse manufacturer of color concentrates in the United States and a global leader within our industry. We have a rare and unique 50-plus year history of growth, stability and success that stems from our leadership, our exceptional workforce and our attention to our customers. We remain family owned to this day, we maintain a culture based on traditional values and we continue to project a very promising, long-term outlook. If you are looking to join a cohesive team and contribute your expertise in a meaningful manner, we should be your employer of choice!
Who We Need
Our continued growth has created a new role for a Cost Accountant in our Hatfield, PA location.
As an integral part of the Accounting/Finance team, you will ensure the timely close of financial periods for all of our domestic and international manufacturing sites. This includes the preparation of journal entries for proper financial statement presentation for each reporting site. We will need your demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP (specifically relating to inventory costing) and of the complexities and processes related to a manufacturing environment.
Your Education will include:
- B.S. Degree in Accounting
Your Knowledge, Skills and Experience will include:
- 5-7 years’ accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of Cost Accounting, flow of manufacturing transactions and US GAAP
- Experienced in Oracle or similar ERP system
- Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, etc.)
- Management experience a plus
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
What YOU Can Do For Us
- Maintain all item cost records in domestic and international plants
- Validate standard cost calculations prior to period close
- Perform financial close procedures for all plant level activities
- Review manufacturing variances and prepare detailed analyses
- Prepare and review production labor efficiencies
- Review all plant level inventory adjustments
- Validate gross profit reporting
- Assist in the preparation of annual material, labor and overhead standards
- Perform annual LIFO index calculation
- Maintain, adjust and validate the weighted average costs of raw materials used in the calculation of commissions paid
- Provide cost support to other functional areas
- Provide transfer pricing for intercompany Buy/Sell transactions
- Assist in external audits
- Monitor and analyze plant expenses such as maintenance, repairs and factory supplies
- Other duties as assigned
What WE Can Do For You
We offer many tangible and intangible benefits. Tangible benefits include competitive compensation, excellent medical benefits and a 401K with company match. Intangible benefits include a company with rock solid stability, a culture where employees are valued and decisions are made for the long-term (and not by the fluctuation of a stock price!).
Go ahead and submit your resume!
Penn Color, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or any other protected categories. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given an equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs