WHO WE ARE
Penn Color is the most diverse manufacturer of color concentrates in the United States and a global leader within our industry. We have a rare and unique 50-plus year history of growth, stability and success that stems from our leadership, our exceptional workforce and our attention to our customers. We remain family owned to this day, we maintain a culture based on traditional values and we continue to project a very promising, long-term outlook. If you are looking to join a cohesive team and contribute your expertise in a meaningful manner, we should be your employer of choice!
Who We Need
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Maintenance Electrician (1st shift) at our Hatfield, PA location. For the right candidate, this position has leadership potential long-term.
You will be responsible for designing, programming, repairing and maintaining programmable logic controller (PLC) systems used within Penn Color processing facilities. You will inspect equipment for proper functioning and perform preventive maintenance duties per manufacturer specifications. You may support repairs and installations for other advanced production/manufacturing equipment, as well as mentor and provide support to less experienced technicians. Finally, you will diagnose equipment malfunctions and make more complicated repairs or adjustments as needed.
Your Education will include:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Master Electrician is a plus
Your Knowledge, Skills and Experience will include:
- 8+ years industrial experience
- Experienced with AC & DC voltages from 24 to 600 Volts and Class1, Div. 1 explosion proof environments
- Excellent electrical troubleshooting skills a must, including 3 phase and single phase AC and DC motors
- Strong understanding in PLCs and Variable speed drives (Rockwell, Power Flex)
- Experience in calibrating equipment to meet ISO requirements a plus
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic control systems required
- Basic mechanical skills
- Must be a self-starter with attention to safety
- Functional experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) a plus
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
What YOU Can Do For Us
- Install services from electrical drawings (including building, testing and installing control panels)
- Program and perform preventative maintenance and repairs on PLC systems
- Perform preventative maintenance or repairs on more advanced production equipment as needed
- Perform breakdown analysis
- Oversee or perform general housekeeping
- Upgrade production lines with new/upgraded equipment/technology
- Direct activities of outside contractors working on assigned line
- Enforce safety and maintenance standards
- Work independently under limited supervision
- Documentation of work schedule and work tasks completed
- Other duties as assigned
What WE Can Do For You
We offer many tangible and intangible benefits. Tangible benefits include competitive compensation, excellent medical benefits and a 401K with a strong company match. Intangible benefits include a company with rock solid stability, a culture where employees are valued and decisions are made for the long-term (and not by the fluctuation of a stock price!).
Go ahead and submit your resume!
Penn Color, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or any other protected categories. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given an equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs