WHO WE ARE
Penn Color is the most diverse manufacturer of color concentrates in the United States and a global leader within our industry. We have a rare and unique 50-plus year history of growth, stability and success that stems from our leadership, our exceptional workforce and our attention to our customers. We remain family owned to this day, we maintain a culture based on traditional values and we continue to project a very promising, long-term outlook. If you are looking to join a cohesive team and contribute your expertise in a meaningful manner, we should be your employer of choice!
Who We Need
As the EU Packaging Industry Manager, you will be responsible for managing Penn Color’s strategic initiatives portfolio as well as directing all relevant sales activities. You will partner with R&D, technical service, sales and customers to identify and evaluate high value projects and drive execution of platform solutions that show technical differentiation.
You must have proven success driving strategic planning, growth initiatives, portfolio management, and customer management within the thermoplastic packaging industry. You must also possess proven abilities to understand core technical capabilities and translate that to market valuation, development timelines and risk assessments to aid in portfolio management decisions. To that end, you must possess expertise in market definition and sizing, market segmentation, value management, voice of customer, finance/accounting and project management. You must possess proven abilities to guide a sales team and directly manage key accounts. You will be an excellent broad-based business thinker who can collaborate effectively with peers as well as executive and senior business and technical leaders.
You will report directly to the Global Director of Packaging who is located in Penn Color’s Venray, The Netherlands facility. As a member of the Global Packaging Team, you will work closely with our US Industry Manager of Packaging, our Global Director of Strategy & Marketing and our R&D Group.
The preferred location for this position is our Venray office in the Netherlands, but living within EU is a must.
Your Education will include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business with significant technical experience or technical degree with significant business experience
- Master of Business Administration degree is preferred
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Experience required include:
- Minimum of 7 years of commercial experience in the thermoplastic packaging industry managing major multinational converter accounts as well as Brand Owners at head office level.
- Proven track record of implementation and execution of marketing strategies
- Proven track record in sales and business development
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads.
- Strong account management and relationship building skills.
- International business experience, preferably multilingual
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the challenges facing the packaging industry and illustrate a knowledge of the operational attention to detail that will be required to succeed within the industry.
- Strong financial acumen
- Honed customer interface and networking skills
- People management experience
- It is expected that the candidate in this position may travel up to 50% of the time
- Very strong written and oral skills, including proficient use of Microsoft Office
What YOU Can Do For Us
- Commercial Management
- Responsible for leading Penn Color’s expansion into the European packaging market with a focus on brand owners and co-suppliers (both equipment & raw material) as well as continued expansion among existing customers.
- Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Penn’s ambitious growth.
- Strategic Planning
- In collaboration with the global packaging team, drive the development of the 5-year strategic marketing plan for Europe.
- Drive strategy by developing and maintaining business/market intelligence, data, analysis and corresponding presentations to identify and capitalize on business opportunities and provide key stakeholders with clear vision around why, how and when to invest resources.
- As part of the global packaging team, the candidate will drive voice of customer and fact-based analysis of competitive threats / trends across businesses, technologies, and customer needs to support new product development.
- Market/Technical Analysis
- Identify breakthrough pipeline opportunities by assessing the market, building business cases and making recommendations to pursue specific projects or alternative business models.
- Support the identification and evaluation of inorganic growth strategies including alliances, licensing, and partnership opportunities linked to the strategic plan
- Work with R&D, tech service, sales teams and customers to identify our customer’s strategies, challenges and needs. Collaborate with customers through the development / launch cycle of new project technologies.
- Project Management
- Identify strategies to de-risk projects through supply chain management, resource allocation, market pressure testing, and collaboration with strategic partners.
- Lead, oversee and collaborate with cross-functional project teams assigned to generate IP-protected platform technologies.
- Establish and execute portfolio management strategy, including project charters, plans and risk assessments.
- As part of the global packaging team, provide updates and reviews on the portfolio to senior management on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned
What WE Can Do For You
We offer many tangible and intangible benefits. Tangible benefits include competitive compensation and excellent benefits! Intangible benefits are deep at Penn Color…the ability for you to “own” your role, work alongside a passionate and dedicated workforce, maintain peace of mind working for a company with rock solid stability, a culture where employees are valued and decisions are made for the long-term (and not by the fluctuation of a stock price!)…the list goes on!
Go ahead and submit your CV!
Penn Color, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or any other protected categories. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given an equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs