Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa is looking for Servers to join our team!
Job Description: Provide guests with the highest standards of food and beverage service, maintaining company and brand standards.
- Greet and serve guests
- Set tables in your assigned area (or check to see they have been set) correctly and uniformly, using: clean, pressed linen (without rips, stains or tears); clean, unspotted silverware; clean china with no chips or cracks; clean unspotted glassware.
- Table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, bread baskets, etc.) should be clean and filled properly.
- Assist in setting up buffet and other special food services tables/stations, as requested.
- Know the menu in detail and be able to knowledgeably explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
- Acknowledge and respond to all guest requests, bringing them to the attention of (or turning them over to) a supervisor when necessary.
- Keep station neat and clean during service. Constantly patrol assigned station, refilling water and coffee, removing service items and condiments per established policies and procedures.
- Know and use "suggestive selling" techniques when possible, e.g., selling a la carte wine, mixed drinks, after dinner cordials, coffees, etc.
- Follow all guest check and money-handling procedures.
- Use proper clearing and break-down procedures.
- Return all re-usable table complements and condiments to be cleaned and refilled.
- Return all food to the kitchen.
- Complete any assigned side work, such as refilling condiments, sorting linen, hanging/storing drapes, cleaning/storing serving equipment, etc.
- Return clean serving equipment to proper storage area.
- Help keep all storage areas clean and organized.
- Inform management of any lost or damaged equipment, linen, etc.
- Complete any assigned work duties.
- Be readily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the GM:
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
- Comply with department uniform and appearance standards.
The Marriott Pompano Beach is a full service resort hotel, managed by Urgo Hotels & Resorts. As an Urgo employee you will receive discounts at Marriott hotels worldwide and great benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Company paid Life Insurance & STD, LTD, 401(k), Vacation and PTO!
Pay Rate: $5.44/hr + tips
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs