Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa is looking for a Hotel Preventative Maintenance Technician to join our team.
Job Description: Assist Chief Engineer with the supervision of all maintenance operations and personnel, following company and brand standards, to ensure the highest levels of maintenance and guest satisfaction are maintained.
Accomplish all technical and or skill related projects within the hotel including but not limited to the following:
- Perform electrical, plumbing, and carpentry projects.
- Perform HVAC inspections.
- Assist HVAC unit repair projects.
- Guestroom repairs issues.
- Perform, administer, and document preventive maintenance.
- Implement and manage hotel key control.
- Carpet Repair tile floor repair.
- Minor roof repairs, painting, and exterior projects.
- Pool/ Spa maintenance.
- Setup and keep all logs updated.
- Familiar with frequently used Standard Operation Procedures and System Standards.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
- Willingness to respond to emergency situations on short notice.
- Maintain and manage a work order system for the hotel.
- Develop and maintain Engineering Department programs to assure that the Quality Evaluation Program criteria are met.
- Ensure routine preventive maintenance on heating and air conditioning units, ice machines, fire extinguishers, fire smoke alarms, lawn sprinklers, lawn equipment, and plumbing are performed as required in accordance with the warranty specifications.
- Create and nurture a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and a passion for providing service.
- Be readily available & approachable for all team members.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with associate concerns.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
- Celebrate and foster decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
- Be readily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Ensure staffing levels allow team members to exceed guest needs.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all time.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the GM:
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
- Comply with department uniform and appearance standards.
The Marriott Pompano Beach is a full service resort hotel, managed by Urgo Hotels & Resorts. As a Marriott employee you will receive discounts at Marriott hotels worldwide and great benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Company paid Life Insurance & STD, LTD, 401(k), Vacation and PTO!
Pay Rate: $14/hr
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs