Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa is looking for Food Runners/Bussers to join our team!
Job Description: Assist the restaurant staff running food, cleanliness of work areas and guest areas. Responsible but not limited for setting tables, clearing tables, & overall cleanliness of the outlet.
- Monitor and execute incoming tickets with guest orders.
- Serve Food in a timely manner.
- Ensure food order is correct before serving to the guests.
- Monitor tables closely and be attentive to guests' needs.
- Requires carrying serving trays and may require lifting bus tubs
- Set up, stock, and maintain work areas. Inspect the cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass, and silver prior to use. Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards. Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Maintain stock and cleanliness of stations for all meals periods with necessary equipment.
- Transport all dirty tableware from restaurant and outlets to dishwashing area for proper cleaning.
- Quickly clean pots, pans, service ware, etc used in restaurant and outlets following standards and health department requirements.
- Promptly and consistently reset all service ware, glasses etc as prescribed.
- Knowledge of the use of equipment to clean service ware, glasses, pots, pans, etc.
- Knowledge of stain removal and chemical cleaning agents used to clean service ware, glasses etc.
- Able to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push, and/or pull equipment.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Gather clean silverware, glasses, & necessary plates
- Have equipment in a strategic area ready for service
- Proper cleaning of a table using sanitizing solution
- Bring back to the kitchen dirty equipment and properly put it in dish pit
- Reset tables according to standards
- When resetting tables ensure all equipment is clean
- Sweep and mop when required
- Serve water for lunch and dinner periods
- Set up bread station and provide bread service for dinner
- Ensure garbage is changed for the bar and restaurant
- Gather ice for required stations
- Fold napkins & make roll ups
- Be readily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Ensure staffing levels allow team members to exceed guest needs.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the GM:
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
- Must be fluent and read English.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
- Comply with department uniform and appearance standards.
The Marriott Pompano Beach is a full service resort hotel, managed by Urgo Hotels & Resorts. As an Urgo employee you will receive discounts at Marriott hotels worldwide and great benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Company paid Life Insurance & STD, LTD, 401(k), Vacation and PTO!
Pay Rate: $8.56/hr + tips
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position