- Reporting to the Production Manager
- Assisting the production manager with administrative tasks like production schedules and timesheets
- Order all raw materials required for daily production
- Input production data into tracking sheet to determine price and balance each day's cost to sales relationship
- Preparing cost estimates for materials, equipment and hiring laborers
- Track daily inventory and account for missing raw material as needed, both internally (in progress inventory) and in warehousing
- Communicate as needed with other departments (sales, warehouse, QA, purchasing)
- Updating the production manager on the status of projects
- Assist Production Manager with staffing, reviews, coaching, hiring and termination when applicable
- Overseeing quality control throughout the production process
- Procuring and monitoring efficiency of production equipment
Food Safety Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties necessary to meet company, and or Government requirements / standards as prioritized by the company.
- Maintain all daily QC records related to the processing room (HACCP, CCPs, product traceability records, temperature records, etc.) review and prepare each day’s packet for QA sign off
- Identify and record any problems relating to food safety and the quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system
- Frequently lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Routine standing up to 10 hours a day.
- Must be able to lift 50-60 lbs.
- Bachelor’s or Associate's Degree, with course work in production management, operations management or similar·
- Previous experience in a related industry a plus
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and adjust planning on the fly
- Competence with computer-based administration, record keeping and procurement systems
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills toward managing human resources and liaising with other departments
- High level of self-motivation and problem-solving ability
- Ability to confidently and proactively supervise production teams
- Dedication and emphasis on follow up and follow through
- Experience running food processing equipment is ideal
- Mechanical/electrical knowledge at least on basic level
- Experience in food safety, HACCP, FSMA and other regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of workplace safety and OSHA information to ensure safety of production team
- Availability to work extended hours to meet deadlines, when necessary
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive wages based on Experience, License, and or Endorsements.
- Generous Benefits Package with Medical, Dental,Vision and more…
- Paid Vacations one week after 90 days to start.
- Paid Holidays first of the month following 30 days.
- 401(k) retirement plan with Company Match
Prime Source Foods is the largest independently owned center-of-the-plate food distributor in New England. Offering more than 5,000 items from over 200 vendors, we have been able to establish a diverse customer base of 3,000+ accounts served. From retail to food service to specialty markets, we really are centered in service. PrimeSourceFoods.biz
This is a full time position