- Helps develop and implement strategic sanitation program, policies, plans and processes to ensure that sanitary performance meets Prime Source Foods standards as well as supports Food Safety requirement towards regulatory compliance
- Manages annual sanitation plan, budget forecast and performance
- Manage sanitation Chemical supply and inventory
- Ensure that the production facility is cleaned daily and ready to start production on time
- Maintain a safe work environment by properly implementing the IIPP (Injury Illness Prevention Programs) – Always raise safety awareness for chemical handling and equipment operation with Tag out Lock out training
- Maintain good communication with subordinates, peers, and other members of management
- Train and set safety goals for sanitation crew.
- Participate in audits, facility inspections and coordinate pre-operational inspection with QC Management
- Monitors day-to-day operations to ensure distribution and production cleanliness.
- Analyzes weekly swab analysis for root cause and corrective action.
- Ensures the proper training of sanitation employees.
- Reviews and update all MCS’s to ensure the sanitation of equipment is completed and is in good working condition.
- Monitor’s sanitation results and implements changes to MCS’s improve outcomes.
- Ensures that sanitation paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Time will be spent on the job site monitoring conditions and inspecting.
- Proper safety gear must always be worn.
- Local travel to satellite facilities/offices may be required.
- Standard 40-hour work week applies. If unforeseen overtime is required more hours may be necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) years Sanitation experience in a food manufacturing facility or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a food facility preferred.
- Previous USDA experience required.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility with employees.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive wages based on Experience, License, and or Endorsements.
- Generous Benefits Package with Medical, Dental,Vision and more
- Paid Vacations one week after 90 days to start.
- Paid Holidays first of the month following 30 days.
- 401(k) retirement plan with Company Match
Prime Source Foods is the largest independently owned center-of-the-plate food distributor in New England. Offering more than 5,000 items from over 200 vendors, we have been able to establish a diverse customer base of 3,000+ accounts served. From retail to food service to specialty markets, we really are centered in service. PrimeSourceFoods.biz
This is a management position
This is a full time position