- Purchasing and negotiation – ability to negotiate POs and products daily
- Responsible for hitting all financial targets and profit margins on all assigned categories
- Assures pricing on all items is market relevant every day
- Buying and product training – ability to work with and train fellow buyers on processes and items
- Travel (less than 15% expected)
- Responsible for maintaining vendor review schedule of a minimum of 2 reviews annually with all vendors, scheduled well in advance with purchasing leadership as well as marketing
- Creates and maintains consistent and profitable backend strategy with all suppliers of assigned categories
- Always maintains proper stock levels and inventory values
- Able to strategize and execute long term buys to exceed profit targets
- Finds and grows new vendor partnerships constantly
- Work closely with the purchasing team, sales team, and vendors.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years commodity-level purchasing required, preferably in proteins.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow directions and to work independently.
- Always conducts oneself in a professional manner.
- Able to work as part of a team.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive wages based on Experience, License, and or Endorsements.
- Generous Benefits Package with Medical, Dental,Vision and more...
- Paid Vacations one week after 90 days to start.
- Paid Holidays first of the month following 30 days.
- 401(k) retirement plan with Company Match
Prime Source Foods is the largest independently owned center-of-the-plate food distributor in New England. Offering more than 5,000 items from over 200 vendors, we have been able to establish a diverse customer base of 3,000+ accounts served. From retail to food service to specialty markets, we really are centered in service. PrimeSourceFoods.biz
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position