Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
A majestic all-season mountain retreat, Primland is located at the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains on 12,000 expansive acres. Primland offers luxurious accommodations, a championship golf course, exquisite farm-to-table cuisine, a serene spa and a level of outdoor adventure that is unrivaled on the east coast. In one of the most breathtaking mountain settings, the resort boasts impressive year-round activities for the entire family, including horseback riding, fly fishing, alfresco yoga and meditation, kayaking, hiking, sporting clays, archery, stargazing in one of the largest observatories in the Eastern U.S., RTV trail riding and tennis.
The IT Support Specialist's role is to be onsite 40+hours/week and the main role of this position is to support IT Manager in maintain network infrastructure and ensuring proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks.
Functions Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing first-line Hardware / software support
- Delivering onsite and remote support and escalating IT issues when necessary
- Receiving, prioritizing and actively resolving end user help requests as well as Guest requests
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or request
- Utilize investigative lines of questioning to perform effective and informative fault finding and troubleshooting activities
- Utilize critical thinking skills, prioritize incoming work orders and efficiently assess situations for appropriate response: seek clarification if work is not clear.
- Investigating remote monitoring alerts to provide proactive response
- Assist in the support of ensuring proper operation of property telephone, WIFI systems as well as Audio Visual equipment, Music/Sound systems, In Room Tablets (IPad), Security Camera systems, Ving lock systems, etc as well as special projects
- Accommodate IT needs for On-site Events, work with the Sales team
- Delivery and installation of end-user hardware, installation of software to desktops and laptops
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware-based technical issues
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Supporting and maintaining On-Premise and Cloud-based Microsoft Server/Desktop environments
- Antivirus installation and management
- Assist in maintaining and implementing Auberge IT standards and procedures
- Maintain IT Equipment in good working order
- Applying IT principles, methods, and practices in the customer service and support area to identify and resolve issues and requests
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Troubleshoot Windows/MAC Operating Systems and Microsoft 0365 applications.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Assist, facilitate and coordinate with the respective vendor(s), company IT on maintenance and the proper functioning of all above mentioned items
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical training in helpdesk support, support technician, or helpdesk technician
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including PC, servers, switches, and routers
- Knowledge of desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7/10, Server 2008/2012 through 2021
- One to two years related work experience preferred
- Expected work schedule: 9AM to 5PM, onsite / Week-end and holidays work required
- Familiarity with virtualization
- Knowledge of AV equipment, telephone systems, WIFI systems, network systems, TVs, Music/Sound systems, Ving Door lock systems, Security Camera systems, Ipad/tablets, etc.
- Experience with networking, including Ethernet switching DNS DHCP IP Addressing, and VLANs
- Office applications including Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Be proactive
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment
- Clear understanding of the purpose and reasons for internal controls
- Strong commitment to service : Must be able to assist hotel guests with technical requirements and issues as well as to provide high levels of service and support to admin users
- Problem resolution skills that may involve the use of diagnostics and/or require that the individual give hands-on support at the desktop level
- Good organization skills Key Behavioural Competencies:
- You should be friendly and approachable with effective communication skills
- Have a genuine concern for quality, striving to do an excellent job, as an individual and team member
- A passion for IT, ideally with support experience (however we will consider applicants without prior experience)
- A practical mindset and perseverance due to the nature of the role
- Ability to absorb information quickly
- Excellent attitude, phone etiquette, written, and verbal communication, and people skills
- Must have the ability to move/maneuver in an office environment.
- A driver’s license will be essential to move within the resorts (buildings are spread out within property)
- Majority of work will be done in office – remote assistance may be sometimes required
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Primland is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Primland provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Primland complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position