Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
A majestic all-season mountain retreat, Primland is located at the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains on 12,000 expansive acres. Primland offers luxurious accommodations, a championship golf course, exquisite farm-to-table cuisine, a serene spa and a level of outdoor adventure that is unrivaled on the east coast. In one of the most breathtaking mountain settings, the resort boasts impressive year-round activities for the entire family, including horseback riding, fly fishing, alfresco yoga and meditation, kayaking, hiking, sporting clays, archery, stargazing in one of the largest observatories in the Eastern U.S., RTV trail riding and tennis.
Role SummaryMaintain a system of purchase orders, receipts, invoices and cheque requests in order to promptly and adequately support, document and process for payment all hotel payables. Ensure that all vendors are paid according to the agreed terms and to ARC policies and procedures.
Function Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain harmonious and professional relationship with co-workers and supervisors
- Maintain alphabetical files by vendor containing complete invoices and backup attached to the cheques for efficient access after payment. All filing is to be kept current.
- Ensure all payments are made correctly and with the correct authorization (approved PO), evidence of receipt, invoice or delivery slip and Accounts Payable stamp.
- Process all Accounts Payable invoices and manual cheques through the computer system.
- Complete wire authorization forms for wire transfer and ensure it is signed by two authorized signatories (from Groups A & B) and ensure all applicable backup supports the transfer.
- Ensure all standing orders for electronic disbursements are approved in accordance with the normal payment procedures and signed by the cheque signatories.
- A list of all standing orders for electronic disbursements should be maintained with details of date of payment, payee, amount and description of payment and at the beginning of each month in advance of the standing payment, this list should be routed to the cheque signatories for approval and a copy attached to bank reconciliations.
- Verify and process Expense Reports and Petty Cash reimbursements ensuring compliance with key controls.
- Forward all stop payment and void cheques to the Assistant Director of Finance for journalizing. Reconcile vendor statements as they are received, with reconciling items, including any correspondence from the vendor clearly indicated and resolve all discrepancies directly with the vendor.
- Prepare manual cheques as they are required if directed by Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance.
- Run the required reports at month end to close the Accounts Payable cycle.
- Ensure all goods received and services provided, but not yet invoiced, are properly accrued and expensed and that the outstanding liabilities for other accruals are accurate and agree to all supporting documentation.
- Prepare journal entry for accrual of invoices received after closing and for goods and services received, but not yet invoiced.
- Maintain a separate file for purchases of all operating equipment items (china, glass, silver and linen) and capital items under the direction of the Assistant Director of Finance.
- Assist in the preparation of all Accounts Payable documentation for scanning on an annual basis if needed.
- Maintain, and constantly update, an approved vendor listing file.
- Answer telephones and record messages accurately.
- File documents and reports.
- Verify that all invoices are supported by duly approved purchase orders when required, signed receiving documentation and/or the approval of authorized management personnel.
- Verify prices, quantities and extensions against purchase order as required, and initial the invoice when verified. Bring any discrepancies to the attention of the Assistant Director of Finance.
- Ensure the correct sales / use tax is either paid to vendor or self assessed with payment processed on time to local, state, or other tax jurisdiction.
- Ensuring compliance, submission and payment deadlines are met for Taxes and ensure that all deductions and exemptions are properly documented.
- High School/College education or equivalent experience
- Understand tax laws as it relates to sales tax, use tax, goods and services tax and year end processing
- Require a working technical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of Accounting software main functionalities
- Require knowledge of and the ability to operate computer equipment and Microsoft Office software (in particular Excel) Desirable
- College/University degree – major in accounting or finance preferred
- Prior Experience in the Hospitality Industry
- Knowledge of Office applications including G Suite
- Functional Skills:
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize effectively and handle multiple projects at once
- Excellent problem-solving/ analytical skills
- Ability to operate fax, scanner, copier, telephone, adding machine, calculator
- .Clear understanding of the purpose and reasons for internal controls
- Strong commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to Accounts payables
- Key Behavioural Competencies:
- Highest level of integrity and transparency
- Pro-active and inquisitive mind set to develop problem solving, decision making, conflict resolution and strategic thinking skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare and deliver reports
- Apply an ethical approach to the outcome of situations
- Plan and monitor duties to ensure effective and efficient use of all available resources in order to make the greatest impact on the Hotel’s/Resort’s objectives
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to work with peers, superiors and clients
- Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Must have the ability to move/maneuver in an office environment
- The job requires sitting for extended periods of time in front of a computer screen. Some heavy lifting (20lbs.) may be required when moving items to storage
- Must be willing to assist in other areas within the Finance division or Resort as directed by the Assistant Director of Finance or DOF
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Primland is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Primland provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Primland complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position