Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
A majestic all-season mountain retreat, Primland is located at the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains on 12,000 expansive acres. Primland offers luxurious accommodations, a championship golf course, exquisite farm-to-table cuisine, a serene spa and a level of outdoor adventure that is unrivaled on the east coast. In one of the most breathtaking mountain settings, the resort boasts impressive year-round activities for the entire family, including horseback riding, fly fishing, alfresco yoga and meditation, kayaking, hiking, sporting clays, archery, stargazing in one of the largest observatories in the Eastern U.S., RTV trail riding and tennis.
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private
clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the
locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive
service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create
unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit
aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and
Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their teammates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Will lead both the itinerary designer pre-arrival and on property concierge, PBX-team. Maintains contracts, monthly commission reports, and the continual upkeep of information,
- written and in the Hotel Systems, regarding the vendors and their activity charges.
- Manages the scheduling of the concierge and itinerary design teams to ensure appropriate
- Manages payroll and timesheets for the concierge team in accordance with our payroll and
- budgeted labour costs.
- Configures all booking systems, itinerary building practices and standards of procedures for
- the itinerary design team.
- Partners with the Experience Department to ensure the team is trained on programming &
- Trains & coaches team members and handle escalated guest incident issues as needed.
- Responsible for the team to create a fluid and cohesive guest experience and itinerary for
- each guest.
- Works across departmental lines to seek out revenue opportunities to be filled day-of by
- inhouse guests; proactively invites inhouse guests to partake in these day-of experiences.
- Responsible for tracking revenue production, setting team and individual goals.
- Holds the team accountable for achieving goals.
- Communicates proactively the team’s progress with all stakeholders.
- Follows all Auberge Service Standards
- Will execute excellent email, departmental and pre-shift communications.
- Maintains responsibility of assigning incoming concierge requests to the appropriate team
- Is an expert of the Hotel Region and maintains close relationships with our vendors and seeks
- to explore new experiences for our guests.
- Uses the guest’s name whenever possible and appropriate.
- Communicates and arrange guest adventures, dining and spa to appropriate teams
- Books experiences for both vendors on and off property
- Utilises all systems and procedures to book, schedule, plan and design a guest itineraries
- Assists with guest emails, phone calls and inquiries pertaining to upcoming guest stay
- Helps coordinate and execute all guest requests in a timely manner.
- Communicates with Reservations about last minute bookings, stay inclusions, and other
- pertinent information.
- Maintains complete knowledge of property and other information including the following:
- All property facilities/services offered and hours of operation
- All unit types, layout, décor, attributes and locations
- Daily stats, including availability, arrivals, and departures
- Entertainment/special events scheduled on the property and in the area
- Directions to/from the property to/from airports, towns, entertainment, and other major
- General info, descriptions, and directions for local services, restaurants, skiing, hiking
- and other points of interests.
- Works together as a team with the Guest Services Team to ensure a smooth and seamless
- Engages guests in a gracious and professional manner via phone & email communication
- Accurately inputs guest contact information. Add information to guest history such as;
- previous stay experience, special occasions, preferences, and other pertinent information.
- Makes suggestions for improvements in overall department and property operations with an
- emphasis on increasing guest satisfaction, revenue and reducing costs.
- Is knowledgeable about all guests and groups arriving at the property.
- Performs other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
These are strongly advised skills to be proficient and excel in this position:
- A genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with teammates.
- Self-confidence and leadership skills
- Minimum three years as a Concierge,Guest Services or Sales Leader, preferably at a luxury
- Excellent service, etiquette, and protocol skills and knowledge.
- Familiarity with the region, its geography, recreation opportunities, restaurants, events, sights,
- and other places of interest.
- Drive to learn multiple computer programs and continually refine processes.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English with guests, employees, owners, and management
- both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time seamlessly, prioritising with utmost care for
- the guest experience, including balancing operating computer programs, in-person guest
- needs, and professional telephone interaction.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems as they arise.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to input and access data in a computer.
- Ability to be a clear thinker and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to think creatively and adapt to change.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of guest information and designated hotel data
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and individuals as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise and follow up on work assignments.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Primland is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Primland provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Primland complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position