Post Ranch Inn, the world renowned hotel in Big Sur, is looking for qualified candidates to apply for our Landscaper position.
SUMMARY: As a member of Post Ranch Inn, the Landscaper will work directly under the Maintenance Manager in ensuring a world class guest experience through the cultivation and care for the grounds and landscaping of the property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for the cultivation and care of the grounds and landscaping throughout the property and around exteriors of buildings.
• Perform grounds keeping and building maintenance duties
• Cut lawn, plants, shrubs, trees by using hand or power tool
• Trim and edge around walks, flower beds, rocks, buildings and pavement
• Landscape by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, trees, bushes
• Apply fertilizer to ground to enhance growth when needed
• Clean walkways and roadways of debris
• Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping
• Rake, mulch, prune, and pulls around the grounds as needed
• Install rock, cement, lighting, water, and outdoor furniture
• Communicate with guests inquiring about plants and habitats
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in a hotel or hospitality setting is a plus
- Must be able to communicate effectively and describe plants/wild life
- Ability to use repetitive hand and body motions
- Ability to stand, bend and stoop for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a hand and power tool
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. from ground to overhead and carry for up to 300 feet
- Ability to push and pull forces of up to 50 lbs.
ABOUT US: Post Ranch Inn is one of the most acclaimed five star luxury resorts in the world and is consistently listed as one of the world's best places to stay. Embracing the dramatic beauty of the California coastline with its cliffs, mountains, and panoramic ocean views, the 39 guestrooms and private homes blend rustic elegance with luxury and comfort, intertwined with a strong commitment to environmental and social responsibility.
Post Ranch Inn is a member of the prestigious Preferred Boutique Hotel group, and hotel amenities include the Sierra Mar restaurant. This Wine Spectator Grand-Award winning restaurant offers exquisite dining with a menu that changes daily, complimentary gourmet breakfast buffet and a spectacular setting with endless ocean views. Guests can relax by the pools and take in the splendid views; rejuvenate with an in-room massage, spa treatment or yoga class; or explore all that nature has to offer. Picturesque Monterey and Carmel are a short drive away.
Post Ranch Inn offers its employees a chance to experience Big Sur at its finest. We offer very competitive benefits which include affordable health insurance, Paid Time Off, 401K Retirement Matching Contribution, discounts throughout the property and Guest Experience Stays. Post Ranch Inn is also proud to offer onsite employee housing (based on availability).
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position