Post Ranch Inn, the world renowned hotel in Big Sur, is looking for qualified candidates to apply our Part Time Reservations Agent position.
JOB OBJECTIVE: As a member of Post Ranch Inn, the Reservations Agent will work directly with the Reservations team in ensuring a world class guest experience through providing prompt, courteous and efficient service in handling all requests via phone and email for guest room reservations and packages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Handle all guest calls and emails politely, professionally, in English and with proper grammar.
• Thoroughly describe all hotel rooms, features, special amenities and hotel services.
• Efficiently book all arrangements requested by the guest.
• Process all paperwork and follow-up with guests' needs, focusing on attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure of processing requests quickly and accurately.
• To be proficient with our hotel property management system, in regard to reservation functions.
• Maintain discretion and confidentiality of all guest information.
• Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, services, rates, packages, room accommodations, and all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Fill-in for PBX or Front Desk as needed. Other duties as assigned by Manager.
CRITICAL DEMANDS: Ability to read, write & understand English. Superb customer service skills, great organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, strong computer literacy and typing skills, basic math skills. General understanding of Front Desk and PBX responsibilities.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must have a High School diploma
2. Must have at least 2 years experience working a reservations and phone operating system
3. Background in customers service and boutique hospitality preferred
4. Ability to use repetitive hand and body motions during computer usage and stocking
5. Ability to sit for extended periods of time
6. Ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 lbs. from ground to overhead
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB: Phone, computer, printer, fax, copy machine and general office supplies such as staplers.
ABOUT US: Post Ranch Inn is one of the most acclaimed five star luxury resorts in the world and is consistently listed as one of the world's best places to stay. Embracing the dramatic beauty of the California coastline with its cliffs, mountains, and panoramic ocean views, the 39 guestrooms and private home blend rustic elegance with luxury and comfort, intertwined with a strong commitment to environmental and social responsibility.
We off our employees a chance to experience Big Sur at its finest, with very competitive benefits which include health insurance, Vacation Accrual, Sick Time, a Retirement Plan, discounts throughout the property and a Guest Experience Stay. Additionally, Post Ranch Inn is a leader in sustainable hospitality, as such we are committed to supporting sustainable transportation options for our employees. We offer a ride share program where employees who commute together, earn a gas card during their drive to our beautiful location in Big Sur.
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position