Are you inspired by nature and human connection? Would you like to share the beauty of Big Sur with others? If so, we invite you to join a friendly and innovative team of dedicated hospitality professionals to provide a world class guest experience at Post Ranch Inn as a Reservations Agent. This position ideally will work in a remote office in Carmel, CA, just 35 minutes north of Post Ranch Inn.
JOB OBJECTIVE: As a member of Post Ranch Inn, the Reservations Agent will work directly with the Reservations team in ensuring a world class guest experience through providing prompt, courteous and efficient service in handling all requests via phone and email for guest room reservations and packages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Handle all guest calls and emails politely, professionally, in English and with proper grammar.
• Thoroughly describe all hotel rooms, features, special amenities and hotel services.
• Efficiently book all arrangements requested by the guest.
• Process all paperwork and follow-up with guests' needs, focusing on attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure of processing requests quickly and accurately.
• To be proficient with our hotel property management system, in regard to reservation functions.
• Maintain discretion and confidentiality of all guest information.
• Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, services, rates, packages, room accommodations, and all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
CRITICAL DEMANDS: Ability to read, write & understand English. Superb customer service skills, great organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, strong computer literacy and typing skills, basic math skills.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must have a High School diploma
2. Must have at least 1 year of experience working a reservations and phone operating system
3. Background in customers service and boutique hospitality preferred
4. Ability to use repetitive hand and body motions during computer usage and stocking
5. Ability to sit for extended periods of time
6. Ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 lbs. from ground to overhead
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB: Phone, computer, printer, fax, copy machine and general office supplies such as staplers.
ABOUT US: Post Ranch Inn is one of the most acclaimed five star luxury resorts in the world and is consistently listed as one of the world's best places to stay. Embracing the dramatic beauty of the California coastline with its cliffs, mountains, and panoramic ocean views, the 39 guestrooms and private homes blend rustic elegance with luxury and comfort, intertwined with a strong commitment to environmental and social responsibility.
Post Ranch Inn offers its employees a chance to experience Big Sur at its finest. We offer very competitive benefits which include extremely affordable insurance plans that include health, dental, vision and life, paid vacation and sick time, 401K Retirement Matching Contribution, discounts throughout the property and Guest Experience Stays. Post Ranch Inn is also proud to offer onsite employee housing (based on availability).
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position