Are you inspired by creating memorable guest experiences? Would you enjoy working with a property where the land and sea meet the sky? Then consider Post Ranch Inn, the world renowned hotel in Big Sur as your next career move. We seek a Food & Beverage Director for the beautiful Sierra Mar Restaurant.JOB OBJECTIVE: As a member of the Post Ranch Inn and Sierra Mar, the Food & Beverage Director will
ensure a world class guest experience is delivered by interacting with guests, and leading the supporting
management team and service staff of the restaurant, in collaboration with the Executive Chef, Lead
Sommelier, and FOH/BOH Management. The Food & Beverage Director actively embodies, inspires and
teaches skills that will elevate the core values of Post Ranch Inn and Sierra Mar Restaurant, to continue the
long-term success of providing unparalleled hospitality.
Ideal candidates will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in wine, beverage, restaurant, or hospitality management or equivalent; OR a minimum of four years related experience as a manager with responsibility for managing F&B outlets for a resort or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Culinary education and experience preferred
- Sommelier education highly desired, level 2 preferably through the Court of Master Sommeliers
- Valid CA driver’s license with clean driving record
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to use repetitive hand and body motions
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Requires repetitive motions such as grasping, writing, typing, listening, hearing and visual acuity
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis, and have the ability to bend, stoop, stretch, and climb and squat frequently to fulfill a range of manual tasks.
High atop the cliffs, offering breathtaking views is Sierra Mar, winner of Wine Spectator’s prestigious Grand Award. Offering an unconventional fine dining experience, Executive Chef Elizabeth Murray presents inquisitive food creations featuring ingredients highlighted by a sense of place and culture.
Post Ranch Inn offers its employees a chance to experience Big Sur at its finest. We offer very competitive benefits which include health insurance, Vacation and Sick Time, 401(k) Retirement Plan, on property housing opportunities, Employee Discounts and Guest Experience Stays.
ABOUT US: Post Ranch Inn is one of the most acclaimed five star luxury resorts in the world and is consistently listed as one of the world's best places to stay. Embracing the dramatic beauty of the California coastline with its cliffs, mountains, and panoramic ocean views, the 39 guestrooms and private homes blend rustic elegance with luxury and comfort, intertwined with a strong commitment to environmental and social responsibility.
Post Ranch Inn offers its employees a chance to experience Big Sur at its finest. We offer very competitive benefits which include affordable insurance plans, paid vacation and sick time, 401K Retirement Matching Contribution, discounts throughout the property and Guest Experience Stays. In addition to these wonderful benefits, Sierra Mar offers an employee culinary reference library, educational trips, ongoing culinary education and the opportunity to pick fresh ingredients directly from our garden on property. Post Ranch Inn is also proud to offer onsite employee housing (based on availability).
To join our very accomplished team of culinary professionals, please apply now.
This is a management position
This is a full time position