Do you enjoy being part of, and creating guest memorable experience? Do you enjoy being a positive leader and sharing your passion for hospitality with others? Post Ranch Inn seeks candidates for our newly created role, Director Of Service for Sierra Mar Restaurant.
JOB OBJECTIVE: As a member of Post Ranch Inn and Sierra Mar, the Director of Service will
ensure a world class guest experience delivered by interacting with guests, leading the
management team, as well as the service staff (in collaboration with the Director of Food & Beverage and Executive Chef). The Director of Service actively embodies, inspires, and
teaches skills that will elevate the core values of Post Ranch Inn and Sierra Mar, to continue
the long-term success of providing unparalleled hospitality.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
1. Effective verbal and written communication skills
2. Provides and receives constructive criticism and feedback well
3. Basic computer skills and knowledge of POS (ALOHA) and Microsoft Suites
4. Familiar with Tock Reservations system
5. Continual interest in staying up to date with food, wine and fine dining trends 6. Strong
6. personnel development and coaching skills
7. Ability to establish effective partnerships with all departments
8. Flexible availability and able to work holidays, weekends, weekdays
9. Well-groomed, professional image and appearance
10. Self-motivated and detail oriented
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. Must have a High School diploma, college or secondary education preferred
2. Must have at least 4 years Restaurant Manager, Assistant Manager experience in a
refined dining establishment
3. Proven track record of providing a unique guest experience
4. Valid Driver’s license
5. Able to pass a general background and reference screen
1. Ability to use repetitive hand and body motions
2. Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
3. Requires repetitive motions such as grasping, writing, typing, listening, hearing and
4. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
ABOUT US: Post Ranch Inn is one of the most acclaimed five star luxury resorts in the world and is consistently listed as one of the world's best places to stay. Embracing the dramatic beauty of the California coastline with its cliffs, mountains, and panoramic ocean views, the 39 guestrooms and private homes blend rustic elegance with luxury and comfort, intertwined with a strong commitment to environmental and social responsibility.
Post Ranch Inn offers its employees a chance to experience Big Sur at its finest. We offer very competitive benefits which include affordable insurance plans, paid vacation and sick time, 401K Retirement Matching Contribution, discounts throughout the property and Guest Experience Stays. In addition to these wonderful benefits, Sierra Mar offers an employee culinary reference library, educational trips, ongoing culinary education and the opportunity to pick fresh ingredients directly from our garden on property. Post Ranch Inn is also proud to offer onsite employee housing (based on availability).
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Post Ranch Inn