Dreams do come true! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a Wine Director who is passionate about hospitality, is a strong leader and has a track record of creating amazing guest experiences.
- 3-5 years’ experience in recommending wine to consumers in a hospitality setting
- Extensive knowledge of wines including wine characteristics, wineries, regions, varietals, food
and wine pairing and wine service
- Experience managing a Wine Spectator "Best of" or "Grand" list
- Passion for hospitality and the service of fine wines
- Mathematical and organization skills sufficient to conduct accurate inventories
- Willingness and ability to sell wine as on floor Sommelier
- Knowledge of current wine trends and ability to apply successful marketing techniques
- Willing to work on the floor as need to support restaurant management team
Post Ranch Inn is one of the most acclaimed five star luxury resorts in the world and is consistently listed as one of the world's best places to stay. Embracing the dramatic beauty of the California coastline with its cliffs, mountains, and panoramic ocean views, the 39 guestrooms and private home blend rustic elegance with luxury and comfort, intertwined with a strong commitment to environmental and social responsibility.
Post Ranch Inn is a member of the prestigious Preferred Boutique Hotel group, and hotel amenities include the Sierra Mar restaurant. This Wine Spectator Grand-Award winning restaurant offers exquisite dining with a menu that changes daily, complimentary gourmet breakfast buffet and a spectacular setting with endless ocean views. Guests can relax by the pools and take in the splendid views; rejuvenate with an in-room massage, spa treatment or yoga class; or explore all that nature has to offer. Picturesque Monterey and Carmel are a short drive away.
Post Ranch Inn offers its employees a chance to experience Big Sur at its finest. We offer very competitive benefits which include affordable health insurance, Paid Time Off, 401K Retirement Matching Contribution, discounts throughout the property and Guest Experience Stays. In addition to these wonderful benefits, Sierra Mar offers an employee culinary reference library, educational trips, ongoing culinary education and the opportunity to pick fresh ingredients directly from our garden on property. Post Ranch Inn is also proud to offer onsite employee housing (based on availability).
To join our very accomplished team of culinary professionals, please apply now.
Follow us on Instagram @SierraMarPostRanchInn
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Post Ranch Inn