Sheet Metal worker duties may vary from site to site, however the main responsibilities of Sheet Metal workers are to design, fabricate, assemble, install, and repair the sheet metal products required in a wide variety of industries and settings. Sheet metal workers use many types of metal including black and galvanized steel, copper, brass, nickel, stainless steel and aluminum to make products with a high standard of workmanship using a variety of tools and materials. Sheet Metal workers work both indoors and outdoors, year-round in commercial and industrial settings.
- Valid certification from an accredited apprenticeship board (proof of hours may be accepted).
- CSTS is a minimum safety requirement – other tickets that may be required are OSSA Fall Protection, H2S Alive, Confined Space, Standard First Aid.
- Must be able to work for 8 hours at a time in an environment where temperatures may reach from 0 to 60° C, both indoors and outdoors in the sun.
- Work in an environment in which vibrations and noise are moderate to severe and noise level may require the wearing of hearing protection devices.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces for 4-7 hours per day; stand or walk for long periods.
- Able to wear a full-face respirator for extended periods.
- Climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolding at extreme heights.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds often and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Maintain footing on surfaces which are sometimes slippery.
- See well (naturally or with correction) and distinguish colors.
- Hear well (naturally or with hearing aid).
- Must be able to effectively communicate with other employees and supervision.
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle, and feel objects; and coordinate well the use of hands or fingers and eyes.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the work location.
- Must be able to supply a negative Drug & Alcohol Pre-Access test.
This is a non-management position
This is a turnaround position
Shift: 7 & 7
Start Date: ASAP
Visit Careers at Soogadin Field Services Inc