Quinlan Partners (quinlanpartners.com) is a global due diligence, investigations, and business intelligence firm that helps clients identify and mitigate risk, shape strategy, and achieve success. We are seeking an inquisitive, motivated researcher to support our investigations team in New York. The Intern will support a team of seasoned corporate investigators, investigative journalists and attorneys, and gain exposure to the field of investigations and diligence at a rapidly growing firm that has garnered the stability and loyalty of strong client relationships.
Our ideal candidate:
The position is available to rising undergraduate seniors and students enrolled in a postgraduate degree program. This position is ideal for students in humanities, journalism, social sciences majors, who are passionate about qualitative research and have strong writing skills. Recent college graduates are also encouraged to apply.
Applicants should have an interest in developing skills in public record and open source research fields, such as corporate investigations and investigative or business journalism. Strong candidates will demonstrate creative problem-solving abilities, inquisitive approach and a track record of gathering, analyzing, and distilling information in an academic and/or professional setting.
Fluency in a second language is preferred but not required. The Intern role requires a strong work ethic, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail and intellectual curiosity, and the ability to collaborate with a team while simultaneously executing deadline-driven tasks.
Interns will get exposure to the following, among other tasks and trainings:
- Navigating public record repositories and databases covering court filings, recorded documents, financial disclosures, corporate records and news reports, among other sources of information in the U.S and around the world;
- Supporting internal teams by undertaking discrete components of in-depth public record and open source investigations into people and companies of interest to our clients, and other aspects of various ongoing investigations;
- Identifying and locating individuals who may be knowledgeable about our clients’ areas of interest;
- Drafting and copy-editing materials for client-facing reports;
- Supporting business development efforts and other administrative tasks as needed.
Interns will also have access to mentorship and networking opportunities from Quinlan staff, including the senior management team, and receive letters of recommendation and references, when/if applicable.
Applicants should provide a resume, a cover letter, a writing sample (ideally a research-based assignment) of a maximum of ten pages, and a copy of an unofficial transcript. Note that applications submitted without any of the above request materials will not be considered.
Interested candidates may apply directly through the LinkedIn “Apply” button or on our website by April 15, 2024.
Compensation Range: $20 to $25/hr.
This is an internship position