Rubenstein is seeking a highly motivated Executive Vice President to join our well established and recognized law firm practice group. Reporting to a Managing Director, the EVP will conceive, implement and counsel public relations strategies and programs for clients in the legal and B2B space. The EVP will also play a senior role in the management of staff.
The EVP will be instrumental in both ensuring client satisfaction, and generating and cultivating new business with existing and prospective clients. In order to continue to grow agency visibility and reputation in the marketplace, the EVP will actively participate in networking events and thought leadership opportunities.
Additionally, the EVP will serve as a senior strategic liaison among client, account team and agency management. They will be responsible for providing senior-level account planning, supervision and specialized expertise to clients, as well as internal staff supervision and development. They will continuously cultivate strategic media relationships, generating top tier media opportunities locally and nationally.
Clients include: law firms, practice areas (litigation, white collar, finance, M&A, real estate, bankruptcy, trade, employment, technology, IP, etc.), individual partners, law schools, and related professional service businesses.
- Serve as senior contact for clients, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of client business, providing strategy and counsel for implementing successful client programs, including integrated digital and social media engagement strategies
- Earn the trust of and grow business prospects with existing clients and lead new business outreach process to secure business; provide input to project scope and fee structure for new business proposals
- Participate in external company promotion through such activities as articles, speeches, presentations, professional memberships and leadership in outside organizations to increase the firm's visibility in marketplace and create new business opportunities
- Provide strategic counsel, guidance and leadership to staff, supervising several staff members, and ensuring team success
- Manage time and dollar budgets, staff assignment and utilization for client projects and teams under own management
- Assign, supervise, and manage work quality and productivity levels of account teams; provide guidance and leadership to team members on effective pitching, team issues, account workflow and general account issues
- Motivate team members by reviewing work and providing prompt and constructive feedback; responsible for encouraging, mentoring, and developing staff members
- Write creative and effective press materials, campaign plans and communication materials, as well as award submissions, article placement and partner communications
- Maximize agency's network of resources to enhance client service
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to quickly digest / understand complicated matters and help boil them down to key messages / actions and be able to confidently chart a course with high level CEOs or other C-Suite executives;
- Strong relationships with media outlets on local and national level; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space; understanding of the intersection between traditional and social media and how different outlets can serve different purposes
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors; ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Ability to prioritize, manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met in a dynamic, creative, challenging and fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to generate agency revenue through organic growth and new business wins; sell ideas to prospects, clients and internal stakeholders; evidence of ability to secure new business and manage, retain, and grow clients at the highest level
- Ability to lead, supervise, inspire and develop employees; focused on team success and collaboration; ability to manage time and dollar budgets
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 20+ years prior work experience (i.e., public relations, law, journalism, marketing, or corporate communications); agency experience preferred; PR agency, law firm or other professional services firm
- Developed sector and industry expertise required with versatility to work across multiple sectors
- College degree required - preferred focus in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
This is a full time position