Rubenstein seeks a Business Development Associate to support the firm’s business development function, primarily through writing and research. The Business Development Associate role is focused on new business proposal development, writing and editing in a fast-paced, complex environment across all sectors, and provides strategic support for the business development team. This person will be also be responsible for research projects, presentations, reports, and project management.
The ideal candidate is a strategic business writer who can adapt to style, master any subject and convey both its essence and details in persuasive prose, all the while sustaining the uniformity and tone of our existing messaging. They will support new business proposals by conducting media and competitive landscape research, identifying trends in particular sectors, creating templates for research reporting, and drafting research reports and media analysis.
Rubenstein’s clientele includes global corporations, media and entertainment companies, financial services organizations, real estate concerns, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, business executives and public figures.
- Develop client communications, proposals, contracts, oral presentations and other documents, to help win new business
- Review proposals to ensure compliance with RFP requirements; identify potential concerns or challenges; review and edit drafts for readability, clarity, grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and formatting
- Create, capture and distill concepts, ideas and identified key messages into easily understood and succinct prose that adopts the tone and ethos of the Rubenstein brand and resonates with the client(s)
- Create and update executive bios, case studies, and other materials, as needed
- Collaborate with team members, account executives, and senior management to create and edit content
- Continuously cultivate effective working relationships with our internal teams
- Participate in kick-off, strategy, solution, recovery and debrief meetings respective to writing assignments
- Conduct research on a variety of sectors and organizations via traditional methods, media coverage, and digital platforms; draft research summaries in clear, concise prose and develop digital analytics dashboards with summaries of key insights
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Understanding of the RFP process, including the ability to interpret and organize RFP response, components, and compliance
- Finely tuned ability to present ideas clearly, compellingly, and simply; sift through a discussion and extract the most significant information and action items; able to synthesize information into a concise format
- Must be well-organized, flexible, adaptable, versatile and able to prioritize all daily activities with a keen eye for detail and critical thinking skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks with a strong sense of urgency under tight and shifting time pressures and can fluidly pivot to address pressing matters at a moment’s notice
- News savvy and up-to-date on current events and emerging digital trends
- Capable of communicating effectively in written and oral presentations
- Quickly grasp specialist knowledge and then make it clear for external parties; able to adapt to new writing styles on a variety of diverse topics; ability to understand and extrapolate the difference between strategy and tactics
- Able to take verbal direction quickly and accurately
- Exhibit initiative and the drive to succeed; creative and energetic personality
- Knowledge of and experience in different media-related digital platforms, marketing and/or branding, and research
- Demonstrated skill and discretion in handling C-suite issues and executive positioning
- Expertise with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Professional, executive presence and the proven ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of staff and management
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- College degree required – preferred focus in Communications, Journalism, Business, Research, English or related fields
- 2 – 4 years of work experience in business development, public relations, journalism, marketing and/or branding, research, and/or communications required
- Writing experience in public relations, media relations, crisis communications, or strategic communications, demonstrating a range of styles and formats is required
- Prior proposal writing experience in a public relations agency or professional services environment is preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
This is a full time position