Rubenstein seeks a Senior Account Executive, Real Estate, to execute public relations strategies and handle direct client contact and day-to-day activities primarily for high profile residential real estate properties for local NYC, national and international clients. A background in relevant PR areas as such as design, art, architecture, luxury/lifestyle, hospitality, travel, technologies and/or business-to-business is helpful. This person will take on increasing levels of autonomy and accountability, and duties will include writing press releases and other communication materials; pitching stories to the media and cultivating media relationships; fielding media calls and monitoring press coverage; and executing press events. A working knowledge of digital media is a must.
Clientele represents every facet of the real estate industry, from high-profile residential and commercial developers to brokers, owners, advisors and construction companies.
- Take the lead on client projects with minimal supervision
- Maintain daily client interaction to update, report, and discuss account activity
- Initiate creative process of formulating pitch ideas and story angles
- Interact with media proactively and responsively to generate publicity opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with influential members of the media
- Manage daily workflow of multiple accounts while driving consistent media results
- Develop, edit and review press releases, pitches, recaps, clipbooks and other media materials and internal documents
- Provide client counsel and manage expectations concerning media opportunities
- Develop and execute strategic media plans (i.e., business goals, key messaging, media opportunities, tactics, media relations)
- Ensure that managers are kept fully informed regarding activities and client plans
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop broader strategic initiatives for clients
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Proven track-record of media placements in relevant trades and top tier outlets
- Must be well-organized and able to prioritize all daily activities with a keen eye for detail
- Able to handle multiple tasks with a strong sense of urgency under tight and shifting time pressures
- Be news savvy and up-to-date on current events; perceptive of what makes a topic timely and newsworthy
- Capable of communicating effectively in written and oral presentations
- Able to synthesize information into a concise format
- Able to take verbal direction quickly and accurately
- Exhibit initiative and the drive to succeed; creative and energetic personality
- Knowledge and experience with different media-related digital platforms
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- College degree required - preferred focus in Communications, Journalism, English or related fields
- 3 – 5 years of prior work experience preferred (i.e., public relations, journalism, marketing, or communications)
- Direct publicity experience in the real estate sector is required with knowledge of the residential space preferred
- Background in relevant PR areas as such as design, architecture, luxury/lifestyle, travel or business-to-business is helpful
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
Department: Real Estate
This is a full time position