RUBENSTEIN seeks a talented, motivated and dynamic Associate Vice President, Public Relations Generalist to provide strategic counsel and media relations for a variety of clients across multiple sectors including, but not limited to, non-profit, cultural institutions, sports, science, and high-profile events.
- Craft and implement strategic, publicity-oriented media plans and communications programs for clients, involving media relations, strategic positioning and planning, message development, and influencer engagement
- Pitch to media and execute long-range communications strategies that raise the profile of the client and its executives, securing coverage with regional and national publications
- Efficiently write creative and effective press materials, campaign plans and communication materials
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact, where appropriate, continually fostering client-agency relationship, building trust, and anticipating and addressing client needs
- Cultivate, establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of national, local and trade media
- Assist in planning and overseeing the coordination of large-scale media events, including organizing logistics, staffing and managing press
- Draft messaging and talking points for senior management presentations, including preparing executives and talent for press interviews
- Nimbly work well within a collaborative team account structure; actively mentor an array of junior staff and guide their ability to meet deadlines, enhance skills and cultivate media relationships
- Oversee content creation on social media and the distribution of press materials across platforms
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent, demonstrated writing skills, with documented ability to craft press releases, media pitches, in-depth PR plans, and strategic communications materials (AP Style knowledge a plus)
- Strong relationships with media outlets on local and national level; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Strong communications and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors, and the ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Ability to think critically, creatively and develop new and interesting ideas
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
- Familiarity with day-to-day tools such as PowerPoint, MuckRack, Cision, Meltwater, etc.
- 6+ years of client and media relations experience at a PR agency or on an in-house communications team is required
- College degree required – preferred focus in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
This is a full time position