Wisdom. Integrity. Vision. Hustle. Know-How. These are our values. If you share them, we want to hear from you.
RUBENSTEIN is seeking a talented, motivated and dynamic Vice President, Commercial Real Estate, to develop and generate public relations strategies, programs and media presence for our high-profile local NYC, national and international clients in the commercial real estate industry.
A background in PR for commercial real estate clientele is required. Experience working with and for companies in a broad range of industry sectors, such as development, public company and private investment management, leasing, real estate tech applications, architecture/design, land use, mortgage finance and hospitality, will be optimal.
Our clientele represents every facet of the real estate industry, from high-profile REITs, developers, lenders, large family-owned companies and institutional investment managers, to brokers, owners, construction companies, attorneys, advisors and other service providers.
- Craft, manage, implement and convey clients’ messages through a full range of media outreach; cultivate effective relationships with mainstream news outlets on the local, national and trade level
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact, where appropriate, continually fostering client-agency relationship, building trust, and anticipating and addressing client needs
- Write creative and effective press materials, campaign plans and communication materials; draft messaging and talking points for senior management presentations, including preparing executives and talent for press interviews
- Pitch to media and execute long-range communications strategies that raise the profile of the client and its executives, securing coverage with regional and national publications
- Assist in planning and overseeing the coordination of large-scale media events, including organizing logistics, staffing and managing press
- Place and support clients as speakers at key industry events
- Participate on crisis communications teams when needed
- Oversee content creation on social media and the distribution of press materials across platforms
- Nimbly work well within a collaborative team account structure; actively mentor an array of junior staff and guide their ability to meet deadlines, enhance skills, and cultivate media relationships
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent, demonstrated writing and analytical skills, with documented ability to craft press releases, media pitches, in-depth PR plans, and strategic communications materials (AP Style knowledge a plus)
- Ability to quickly digest / understand complicated matters and help boil them down to key messages / actions
- Strong relationships with media outlets on local, national and trade level; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Strong communications and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors, and the ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Ability to think critically, creatively and develop new and interesting ideas
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
- Familiarity with day-to-day tools such as PowerPoint, MuckRack, Cision, Meltwater, etc.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 8 – 10 or more years of client and media relations experience at a PR agency preferred
- Developed commercial real estate sector public relations expertise required with versatility to work across multiple sectors
- Experience in relevant PR areas, such as capital structures, land use, architecture, economic development, mortgage finance, design, property tech, leasing, luxury/lifestyle, travel and/or business-to-business, will be helpful
- College degree preferred – focus in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field is ideal
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
RUBENSTEIN is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
Department: Real Estate
This is a full time position