Wisdom. Integrity. Vision. Hustle. Know-How. These are our values. If you share them, we want to hear from you.
RUBENSTEIN is seeking a talented, motivated and dynamic Associate Vice President to provide strategic counsel and media relations for a variety of clients across multiple sectors on highly complicated reputation matters and crisis response.
RUBENSTEIN’s clientele includes; global corporations, media and entertainment companies, financial services organizations, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, real estate companies, business executives and public figures.
- Craft, manage, implement and convey clients’ messages through a full range of media outreach; cultivate effective relationships with mainstream news outlets on the local and national level
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact, continually fostering client-agency relationship, building trust, and anticipating and addressing client needs, specifically in the areas of crisis and reputation management
- Contend with and navigate highly confidential, sensitive information and issues on behalf of clients
- Write creative and effective press materials, campaign plans and communication materials; draft messaging and talking points for senior management presentations, including preparing executives and talent for press interviews
- Pitch to media and execute long-range communications strategies that raise the profile of the client and its executives, securing coverage with regional and national publications; secure executive placement on prestigious industry panels and seminars
- Assist in planning and overseeing the coordination of large-scale media events, including organizing logistics, staffing and managing press
- Utilize basic research, critical thinking, and industry-standard tools to conduct brand, sector and competitor analysis
- Oversee content creation on social media and the distribution of press materials across platforms
- Nimbly work well within a collaborative team account structure; actively mentor an array of junior staff and guide their ability to meet deadlines, enhance skills and cultivate media relationships
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent, demonstrated writing and analytical skills, with documented ability to craft press releases, media pitches, in-depth PR plans, and strategic communications materials (AP Style knowledge a plus)
- Conversant in current breaking news issues detailed in national publications, particularly in the business section
- Comfortable and confident when dealing with confidential and controversial issues on behalf of clients; experience in dealing with law firms and legal issues a plus
- Ability to quickly digest / understand complicated matters and help boil them down to key messages / actions
- Strong relationships with media outlets on local and national level; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Strong communications and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors, and the ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Ability to think critically, creatively and develop new and interesting ideas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about new topics, and ability to develop new media relationships in a variety of fields
- Diligent and organized with proven, high-level project management capability
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met
- Familiarity with day-to-day tools (Microsoft Office Suite, MuckRack, Cision, Meltwater, etc.)
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 6 – 9 years of client and media relations experience at a PR agency or on an in-house communications team desirable, servicing a diverse client base preferred
- Developed sector and industry expertise required with versatility to work across multiple sectors
- College degree preferred – focus in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field is ideal
WORKPLACE | COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Workplace: We have transitioned into a hybrid workplace model with designated on-site and remote workdays. Our schedule is Monday and Friday from home, and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in the office. Staffers are required to be within commuting distance of our office on remote/flexible days.
COVID-19: Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose). If hired, the candidate must present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Compensation: $70,000 - $140,000. This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on a number of factors, including (but not limited to): the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and business or organizational needs. The Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. Employees are also eligible for a discretionary bonus not included in this pay range.
Benefits and Perks: We offer a competitive benefits package, including (but not limited to): 401K plan with 4% company match, commuter benefits, medical / dental / vision insurance, HSA with company funding, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, employee assistance programs, referral bonuses, facilities for a nursing parent, programming from our internal DEIA Council, professional development and education programs, entertainment discounts, team outings, and much more.
DISCLAIMER | EOE | COMPANY INFO
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check. Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor (or take over sponsorship of) an employment Visa at this time.
RUBENSTEIN is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity – EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO. We are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which all people are included, nurtured, and valued, and their unique perspectives support and amplify the work we do for our clients.
For more information, please visit our website: www.rubenstein.com
This is a full time position